Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you for this.
A few thing I'm curious about: The unit reads ECU data, so can you install an OBD II app and reset the maintenance minder (Green Wrench) among other diagnostic functions, or is the data link not capable of full two way comms? What type of additional free/unused ports/connections does the unit have? Can you change or add background and startup images and animations?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for this.
A few thing I'm curious about: The unit reads ECU data, so can you install an OBD II app and reset the maintenance minder (Green Wrench) among other diagnostic functions, or is the data link not capable of full two way comms? What type of additional free/unused ports/connections does the unit have? Can you change or add background and startup images and animations?
You can get the OBD II option added, it will read all the codes however I am not sure if you can do resets. I can sure ask about that. I have an Autel MX808 tablet that runs around $400, I can read and reset any code, also reset services (reset the green wrench) and read real time data so I didn't opt for that. Its loaded with rca's and connections, I will get pics and video of it once I start the install. And yes, I think you can change images, you have the play store and full access to all the files within the unit. I will have demo's of all of that once I have it installed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Robin,

Great first video! I'm really looking forward to seeing your install videos and if all goes well, I'll be purchasing the unit!

You're doing a great service for the forum.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are my before and after pictures of the button panel. I ended up painting, I tried 6 times to wrap it with black chrome wrap, I will be starting the install video on Sunday, Tomorrow is the last warm day here in Nebraska, starting Sunday its gonna be highs in the 30's and snow

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are my before and after pictures of the button panel. I ended up painting, I tried 6 times to wrap it with black chrome wrap, I will be starting the install video on Sunday, Tomorrow is the last warm day here in Nebraska, starting Sunday its gonna be highs in the 30's and snow
Dude, if you end up with a clean install with everything functioning correctly, you will be my hero :). Been holding on buying GT just for this reason, finally gave it and bought 2012 GTS :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello everybody, I will be starting the disassembly of the interior today. I should have the video edited and up this evening. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Robin,

the stock radio has a nice, chrome “Maserati” nameplate. Have you considered trying to remove and attach it the the bottom of the new unit ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is an update guys, I worked most the afternoon and evening and I have everything out and ready for the install. I have a lot of editing on my video but I will have the full tear down in 1 video and a 2nd video of the installation, and a 3rd video showing how it all works and features. I still have to do the back up camera install video also. Here are some pictures of what I did today.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is an update guys, I worked most the afternoon and evening and I have everything out and ready for the install. I have a lot of editing on my video but I will have the full tear down in 1 video and a 2nd video of the installation, and a 3rd video showing how it all works and features. I still have to do the back up camera install video also. Here are some pictures of what I did today.
Looking forward to the videos!

Quick question for you in the meantime...is there an open port for an additional video input?

My goal is to have a front and rear camera setups since the MCs only come with sensors in the rear.
The AuCar unit only mentions a single camera input through the harness...no traditional RCA inputs. So is it not possible to have more than one camera?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can ask and will go through all the plug ins in a video. Lots of extra RCA plug ins. I havn' t looked at each one yet. Stay tuned (y)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow...that looks like a ton of work. How much time do you have in the install? Really looking forward to your videos!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow...that looks like a ton of work. How much time do you have in the install? Really looking forward to your videos!
I have about 5 hours in tear down. Had to make a run to get a tool...lunch...breaks..and doing video. I would say it would take about 3 hours for tear down...not horribly difficult just A Lot of steps...just go slow and one step at a time. Today is install day. The hard part is done. The key is take your time and don't rush.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts