Maserati Forum banner

Attn: Non-Skyhook Coupe Owners

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Abdulrahman 
#1 ·
Please let me know who's interested in performance springs for the Non-Skyhook model, they would be $995 / set.

We need a car in Las Vegas for development or we need to work with a fairly mechanically inclined individual by phone and to remove shock and send in to us for several weeks.

We're on board to develop these, we just need the car.

#3 ·
What will the new springs do? Lower the car? Void warranty? Better handling? Do you need to get it aligned after the new springs are put on? I have been out of town mostly... or was going to lower mine manually but decided to wait until I figure out all the best roads around Tulsa WITHOUT potholes:mad:

#4 ·
http://www.formuladynamics.com/street-track.php

Check out the springs for the skyhook model and basically, it will be the same setup but for non-skyhook cars. There are many positive reviews on the forum, your car will definitely handle the turns better. The ride will firm up and the body roll will be reduced significantly. The springs will lower a non-skyhook car about 1".

#5 ·
I'm very interested

Assuming a quality product with appropriate specifications, I'm in.

On a related note, I've always felt that the stock springs are too soft but the stock shocks and suspension damping are quite hard. Our cars roll, but they also crash over minor surface imperfections. Any advice on how to dial out some harshness while reducing ride height and body roll?

#6 ·
The only attempt that can be made is a progressive or multi-rate spring. In general we prefer straight rate springs for performance and predictability. Otherwise, you really can't fix a shock problem with a spring. It's a patch at best.

Another option of course is to go with a KW Variant 3 Coil over. Pricing would run approx $2500 / set. We haven't tried them on the Maserati's but they are a phenomenal product and work well on the Porsche's.

#8 ·
OK guys, someone has agreed to help us out with this quest. With any luck, I'll have some measurements to begin work on this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.