Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Spyder is coming off of lease in May of 2007. Unfortunately, I need a rear seat for my grandchildren, The car is leased through Chase Manhattan Bank with a month payment of roughly $1,250 which includes Florida's 7 percent sales tax (this would be adjusted by Chase if the car was moved out of state).

This is an opportunity to assume a lease on a showroom condition Spyder with all the options, 15,000 miles and Maserati upgrades including 2004 7 spoke wheels.

The car has never spent a night outdoors and there is no the slightiest scatch.

My Spyder is Nautica (dark) blue with beige interior, blue top, blue piping, Skyhook, back-up warning system, CamboCorsa, etc.

Chase will require credit approval. As mentioned above, there is 16 months left on the lease and you can still drive 25,000 more miles without going over the limit. At the end, you can return the car to Chase or buy it for $44k.

This is an opportunity to lease the car for a limited time period and buy it at the end if you want.

Please make the initial contact to my email at [email protected].

The car was always garaged in my home (Osprey, Florida). It can be shipped to almost anyplace in the USA in a closed car container for $1,000 to $1,500. We actually leased the car in California and had it shipped here new for around $1,200.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
One tip: The challenge for you in terms of getting someone to take over the lease will be probably be the warranty expiration, so make sure you move it before the warranty expires!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice color combo.
OK if they just want a short lease, if the warranty issue is address.

however, you might want to consider throwing in some incentives...

otherwise, 16 x $1250 =$20000 for the term,
i can see someone buying most used 02 on the market now and reselling it in 16m without losing $20k.

and Chase's buyout at $44000 (+tax) = $64000+ invested, is not exactly a great deal on a 02 spyder.

hope the nice color helps you find a buyer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The warrantee actually runs through most of the lease.

Taking over the lease for the 16 months that exists bascially is for someone that wants to enjoy what I consider to be one of the most extraordinary cars available for a limited time and a reasonable financial commitment.

As I believe the Spyder is no longer available new, this is a rare opportunity without commiting to $55000 to $60,000 and having to dispose of the car at the end. If someone takes over the lease, they walk away in May, 2007 by simply returning the car to a place indicated by Chase without having to find a buyer or selling the car.

Even if you consider the total amount of cash and the customer buys the car at the end, the total listed includes the finance charge for carrying the car for 16 months. The math therefore is not correct vs. considering a cash sale.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
BobN said:
...As I believe the Spyder is no longer available new...
The math therefore is not correct vs. considering a cash sale.
without going further, both are incorrect.

i will end by saying good luck in finding someone to take over your lease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts