Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
First posting here.
I've had my Gran Turismo 4 years and am well aware of low battery providing error codes so keep it well charged if not driving regularly.
The ASR/ESC/SUSPENSION/PARK OFF error code appeared , I could blame my wife as it happened after she drove it but I'm not that silly.
The lights only come on once I exceed 5 mph, not when I switch on. I have a clunking front upper wishbone bush (control arm)) and it is due for replacement. Could this be the problem?
The only other issue I've noticed recently is that I thought I could hear water sloshing around somewhere back left after heavy rain. Its gone now, might have been a full fuel tank ?

Any advice given is gladly welcomed, 5 hour round trip to nearest dealer.

p.s I've disconnected the battery for hard reset and connected my basic fault code reader. No codes noted

Registered
Hi. I have the exact same problem and same error codes. I've been doing some tests. Without battery tender it comes on more often. If I leave the car on battery tender it doesn't show up. Kinda strange. I would think if I had a weak battery the problem would come during start up, but it comes on after a few minutes of driving. Restarting car and it goes away. I plugged in a scan tool (Autel) and found it to be a faulty abs sensor rear left. (You need a better scan tool to diag the sub-systems in the car)

Anyway, a quick question for all my fellow maserlife friends: Once the error code is on - even after I turn off the car and take the keys out of the ignition the warning lights is still on the dash. Does this happen to others too? It will stay on for more than a few minutes.
(I usually cycle the key if I'm parking somewhere to get the error code to go away)

To answer your question: I don't think the upper wishbone has anything to do with the code. Also, buy a Foxwell or Autel for reading the codes. 馃槉

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Tachometer Trip computer

Hi. I have the exact same problem and same error codes. I've been doing some tests. Without battery tender it comes on more often. If I leave the car on battery tender it doesn't show up. Kinda strange. I would think if I had a weak battery the problem would come during start up, but it comes on after a few minutes of driving. Restarting car and it goes away. I plugged in a scan tool (Autel) and found it to be a faulty abs sensor rear left. (You need a better scan tool to diag the sub-systems in the car)

Anyway, a quick question for all my fellow maserlife friends: Once the error code is on - even after I turn off the car and take the keys out of the ignition the warning lights is still on the dash. Does this happen to others too? It will stay on for more than a few minutes.
(I usually cycle the key if I'm parking somewhere to get the error code to go away)

To answer your question: I don't think the upper wishbone has anything to do with the code. Also, buy a Foxwell or Autel for reading the codes. 馃槉

View attachment 145520
You don't have the same error codes..You have the same warning lights and you are kinda stealing the guys thread...You should start you own..It is too confusing when you start doing it like this...Jason

Hi All,
First posting here.
I've had my Gran Turismo 4 years and am well aware of low battery providing error codes so keep it well charged if not driving regularly.
The ASR/ESC/SUSPENSION/PARK OFF error code appeared , I could blame my wife as it happened after she drove it but I'm not that silly.
The lights only come on once I exceed 5 mph, not when I switch on. I have a clunking front upper wishbone bush (control arm)) and it is due for replacement. Could this be the problem?
The only other issue I've noticed recently is that I thought I could hear water sloshing around somewhere back left after heavy rain. Its gone now, might have been a full fuel tank ?

Any advice given is gladly welcomed, 5 hour round trip to nearest dealer.

p.s I've disconnected the battery for hard reset and connected my basic fault code reader. No codes noted
The control arm bushings isn't your issue...You are gonna need a better fault reader to access all the ECUs in the car...All the warnings are most likely tied together...The slosh sound isn't fuel...I would check all in the truck for items like old water bottles etc. and maybe peel the carpet back some and look for moisture...Jason

Registered
You don't have the same error codes..You have the same warning lights and you are kinda stealing the guys thread...You should start you own..It is too confusing when you start doing it like this...Jason

I do have the same error lights. ASR/ESC/SUSPENSION/Park (but I did use a code reader to find my error code)

But yeah I understand Jason. Sorry for stealing the thread guys - just trying to help and asking my questions at the same time.

I've had my car for nearly 6 years now, and this forum has been great to learn - and a special thanks to you Jason. 馃槉

Again, I'm really sorry.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a follow up, it's a holiday weekend here so no chance to get fault codes read however I have noted that when I depress the brake pedal, after an inch or so there is a 'mechanical feel' and almost like it gives then feel smooth again.
Brake fluid level normal.
Any help?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Codes read: C1041 Front RH speed sensor : error -invalid signal, we did a live test with the Auto Maxisys that I borrowed and the speed from RH front was approx50% of other speed sensors.
Other error codes noted and cleared stored codes. U1706 remained which has something to do with Skyhook suspension " NO communication with NFR - Invalid signal.
Might this be related to the main fault, the Front RH sensor?

Thanks again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts