Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ,

I have the above fault indicating on the display screen , only when I do a journey on a motorway for around 10mins , if I stop and switch off the engine - fault disappears. Once i restart on the journey it will reappear again normal 10mins or so.
Fault doesn’t appear if I’m driving locally on minor roads .
I think is related to speed and distance.
currently in a garage where they believe it’s the alternator and or battery.
Car is normal on a battery tender if not driven for a while.
finally in the fault codes is a strange one that mentions the steering angle sensor.
Any ideas ? Is it likely to be the battery/ Alternator- 13.5 v kidding out of the alternator when everything is run under load .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Errors like this in succession almost always mean new battery time. I have a tender and would charge to 100% and it didn't matter, something about the way the car turns on and Cold Cranking Amps lowering over time gives these errors I think

·
Registered
164 Posts
DTC C1512 comes from the NFR (brake control module) which manages all the Brakes System operation, for example ABS, ASR , ESP. DTC U1706 communication loss. Without doing further research I would say the NFR lost communication with the steering angle sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DTC C1512 comes from the NFR (brake control module) which manages all the Brakes System operation, for example ABS, ASR , ESP. DTC U1706 communication loss. Without doing further research I would say the NFR lost communication with the steering angle sensor.
Do you think the steering angle sensor is the route cause?

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
Third call for new battery. The next thought would be an ABS sensor, both of which produce pretty much identical symptoms. Your code might be the answer, though!

C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts