Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
maseratifan said:
I'm tired of hearing about the "Ferrari Connection" as a selling point or a morale booster
My feelings too. Here's a paragraph from The Maserati Club that describes our V8s as more Maserati than Ferrari:

Following were the early technical details from TMC correspondent and automotive engineer, Andrea Lazzaro:

"The new Maserati 90° V8 engine marks the beginning of a new era for Maserati. This highly advanced V8 has been designed making the best use of the sinergies deriving from the Ferrari-Maserati partnership, but without losing any of Maserati's unique identity and heritage. Despite rumours to the contrary, this new engine has NOTHING in common with the Ferrari 360's. In fact, the architecture of the two engines couldn't be more different: the only thing they have in common is the number of cylinders. Everything from the block upwards has been specifically designed for Maserati, making it a TOTALLY NEW Maserati engine, a 100% genuine Tridente product. So it's welcome back Maserati!

· Registered
201 Posts
Swiss-Maserati said:
this quote is true for the Ferrari 360. But not at all for the F430. The V8 in the Maserati Coupé was designed by Ferrari and was used as a basis for the new F430...
Yes, that's an old quote that predates the F430 and seems shaky now in light of the Ferrari. Like you say, the F430 and Maserati share an engine base, and the 4.2L V8 is assembled by Ferrari.

Nevertheless, how does one know the 4.2L V8 is not an original Maserati design? A hardcore Maserati fan like myself might remember this old quote and wonder if Ferrari learned something from Maserati.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.