Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Not really. I like the Ferrari connection. There's really no better "big brother" a car could have. I think the connection is a great from a business standpoint as well. Honestly if Ferrari hadn't been at least somewhat responsible for the car I don't know that I would have bought it--Ferrari's quality of late has been extremely good, whereas Maserati has always been somewhat checkered.

· Registered
388 Posts
Dolle Dolf said:
I'm with maseratifan. The 4200 is a modern ghibli/indy clone. The QP traces itself back very nicely via the QPIII and the QPI.

The suave style, the poise and the understated panache is one completely of its own. Viva Maserati.
No question. I called it a Ghibli by mistake for a good month after I bought it.

But to be honest, I've always wanted a 456, but aside from being far too expensive, I thought it far too impractical for a daily driver. The 4200 is the same concept, really...

I thought the Ferrari / Maserati marriage was one of the most successful ones in motorcars, as far as design and marketing goes. I can't really grasp why they severed it.

· Registered
388 Posts
I think Maserati is a) the only manufacturer that can benefit from a Ferrari connection without diminishing the Ferrari brand and b) a perfect synergy, from a marketing perspective. Maserati is without question the only brand on earth that could actually lend luster to Ferrari itself. Ferrari will never build large sedans, but it can bring HUGE benefits to the Maserati sedans. The relationship is win-win, whereas a relationship with a lesser brand such as Alfa would be akin to all the others that were forced on Maserati over the years. Maserati in its current state, sadly brings little to such a relationship.

I think Maserati, as stablemate to Ferrari as the "luxury" brand under the Fiat umbrella, is a brilliant position. Maserati is ailing, no question, and has been for decades. For the first time they're given the opportunity of an engineering department fitting the magic of the name and reputation. The MC12 is winning races and that new QP is an absolutely astounding car; unique, capable, and as beautiful as only a Maserati sedan could ever be. Sales are up. The relationship worked quite well for both parties.

I too would love a Ferrari, but can't justify a $250k toy. The Maserati I can drive like a normal car. I've already got 10k on the clock on my car, how many Ferraris do that many miles in their first decade? I would be incredibly sad if the relationship were permanently severed. At the moment I am still in denial of the divorce. Marriage counciling, PLEASE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.