Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Spyder Cambiocorsa Verde Mistral / Black
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the big plunge for an 'advanced' OBD reader and got a ThinkCar mini. I already had just a reader from HF,

The ads say Maserati, but the menu does not have the 4200. It does have the 3200 strangely to 2004. I contacted their support and basically they said WYSIWYG.

Anyone using something different like the QP or GT selection. Only $50 so I am not out a fortune.

Or, since there are several versions, does anyone have a Pro or some thing else that 'works' - not expecting SD2 function.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Coupe GT 6MT, Black/Black
43 Posts
Hi I was about to buy a ThinkCar as well - any update on if it will or won't work with our cars?
@theflash32 do you happen to know? Know you recommended one in the other thread. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are we talking the thinkdiag from thinkcar

It should have the same coverage as the x431 mini so i can check my mini ..but don't have a thinkdiag handy to check to be 100 ..the thinkdiag is usually a little over 120 ..not 50

Lets make sure we are talking about the same thing

Yiu can always buy Amazon and return if it didn't work

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe the software is the same between most of the launch products including the thinkdiag

·
Premium Member
2004 Spyder Cambiocorsa Verde Mistral / Black
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are we talking the thinkdiag from thinkcar

It should have the same coverage as the x431 mini so i can check my mini ..but don't have a thinkdiag handy to check to be 100 ..the thinkdiag is usually a little over 120 ..not 50

Lets make sure we are talking about the same thing

Yiu can always buy Amazon and return if it didn't work

Well, there are a couple or more versions of the Thinkdiag/Car. The mini is I think just the bluetooth dongle mated to smartphone software. The other units seem to be turn-key tablets of various sizes.

That is the question whether the software functions are all the same or if you get more functions with the hardware/software integrated version.

Been too busy having fun with the car to mess with diagnostics. Perhaps I will delve into that over this weekend. But, then again, it will be perfect top down weather in SC this weekend. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts