Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I searched for an hour looking for my answer and no go, I found 1 QP owner using the 12V socket in the trunk to connect their battery tender. I am guessing it is the same as the GT. I am getting tired of taking everything out of the trunk just to connect the 2 clips to the battery, I have the Maserati battery tender that came with the car. Be really nice to use the Ctek comfort connector for quick plug ins. Just wondering if anyone is using the 12V socket.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey Guys,
I searched for an hour looking for my answer and no go, I found 1 QP owner using the 12V socket in the trunk to connect their battery tender. I am guessing it is the same as the GT. I am getting tired of taking everything out of the trunk just to connect the 2 clips to the battery, I have the Maserati battery tender that came with the car. Be really nice to use the Ctek comfort connector for quick plug ins. Just wondering if anyone is using the 12V socket.
I find it most convenient to attach the Ctek connector to the battery and leave the connector end loose in the trunk all the time. No need to move things in the trunk. I never use the socket.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find it most convenient to attach the Ctek connector to the battery and leave the connector end loose in the trunk all the time. No need to move things in the trunk. I never use the socket.
I just have the alligator connectors, the small plastic cover on the positive side won't fit, no way those alligator clips will stay on while driving.....

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went ahead and ordered a comfort connector form Ctek, only $12, hopefully it will work correctly...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I went ahead and ordered a comfort connector form Ctek, only $12, hopefully it will work correctly...
Yes ---this came with mine and I leave it "permanently" connected to my battery. Makes it simple to connect and disconnect.
Picture1.png

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Guys,
I use this exact setup to the 12v socket and it works great. 2 years and counting.

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
173 Posts
Hey robin my car did not have the 12v port in trunk, and i did not care for the electric cord closed in the trunk, so i went a different route i did it from the out side i posted under, TODAY'S PROJECT CONVENIENT CHARGING PORT you may want to check it out, it works great and will unplug if you forget LOL i did.

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
Awesome thank you Chris, that was the answer I was looking for..lol

Used to do the same with mine. Just be careful about driving off :) I've just ordered a 'Remove before flight' tag to clip between the key and the plug on the C-TEK as I don't fancy trying to repair the power trunk on the Continental :D

C

Reactions: ChrisNLBC

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thank you guys! I used a "permanently connected" pig tail on my Mercedes that came with my ctek charger, just was looking to see if it could be done using the 12v socket, Part ordered! 🤓

·
Registered
391 Posts
In the past some people have said that that port switches off after a while when the car is off. But if your tender is plugged into it and it switches off the tender should tell you (by the lights) that it has no connection. So try it and let us know if it stays on or not.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In the past some people have said that that port switches off after a while when the car is off. But if your tender is plugged into it and it switches off the tender should tell you (by the lights) that it has no connection. So try it and let us know if it stays on or not.
Will do!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have been using the CTEK Comfort Connector (cigarette lighter adapter) to plug into the existing port on the left side of my trunk for over 5 years, works perfectly. No it does not switch off when car is off etc.

It works perfectly, and that's what it's designed to do.

Forget about all the other methods, attaching cables to your battery, a port dangling inside the trunk etc.

The Comfort Connector is THE most convenient and neatest solution. End of story.

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
It doesn't. It's always live.

C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,
I have used the 12V socket in the trunk for years with a battery tender and never had an issue. Works just fine. 2011 GranTurisimo

·
Registered
2008 Maserati GranTurismo 4.2
7 Posts
Hey Guys,
I use the NOCO Genius, with the eyelet connector cables. So, I literally pop the trunk and plug or unplug as needed. Cheap and effective.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Awesome thank you Chris, that was the answer I was looking for..lol
I will add a small addtional note, place a microfiber under the charger when its sitting in the trunk. I have one of those trunk mats from China, looks pretty nice. I noticed that a small spot must have gotten warm under it from the Maserati branded charger at one point. It was ever so small, but I noticed it. Doubt it would do anything to the factory carpet. But just a heads up!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts