Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY buddy, the same one that told me that flashing the ECU he could get me all this horsepower says that at his tuning shop they run Mobil 1 0 w 40 in all the exotics, Lambo,Porsche, Ferrari, etc and asked me why we are running 5 W 40...any response out there? Of course that's what the manufacture says, lol.........dogdoc

·
Registered
357 Posts
I guess I'd rather just listen to the guys who designed the engine rather than a guy who thinks a chip will magically make 110 HP. 0W40 is probably close enough but I'm not into "close enough" for my Maserati.

·
Registered
722 Posts
0W-40 synthetic should be fine, it will not thicken up as much at coldest temps as 5W-40. It will pump better at cold engine startup.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
0-40 is the recommended oil by Porsche these days, for all their cars from about 1991 to present.

I use it in my F355 and find that the car warms up much quicker and behaves better on start-up.

Most engine wear happens on start-up, a 0 flow oil offers the best protection when the oil is cold.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have used that oil in all my Porsche's. It is good but I think that there is a lot of marketing hype behind it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts