Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fire up the car this morning and I was just staring at the driver information center above the speedo/tach and there in RED LETTERS as I turn the key is a "slow down" message...when the hell does that thing come on???? Anybody seen that on their dash while driving? Dogdoc

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I fire up the car this morning and I was just staring at the driver information center above the speedo/tach and there in RED LETTERS as I turn the key is a "slow down" message...when the hell does that thing come on???? Anybody seen that on their dash while driving? Dogdoc
Nope. I had mine replaced with a "speed up" light.

Seriously though, I think it has something to do with clutch overheat, but not sure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnx! Hope I never see that light up!!!

Thnx for the feedback; it is interesting to try and read all those lights right as a car cranks over; most of the time we all probably never see all the codes in anything we drive; and that is a good thing I think!!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Slow Down indicates an overheated catalytic converter (or two). When you see it when you start up, it's just the test lights. No worries. Pretty funny choice of words. If it doesn't come on after you've been driving for a while, it's not a problem.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnx, I am good here!

Yes, I see it at start up only; just like ALL the codes at start uo; just had never seen it before so I was wondering what it was related to.....over heat would have made more sense??? Dogdoc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts