Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is such a person, would you mind posting comparisions.

I am very interested in keeping my CC as a daily and adding a 575M F1. I am a little concerned that there is some overlap (both being large GT's, F1's, etc..).

However, I would be interested in opinions from those who have both.

Thanks,
dsd

·
Registered
681 Posts
Disclaimer- I've never owned a 575 but I've been around enough owners to get the jist of it. I don't know of anyone on this board who owns both so instead of letting the thread die I figure I'll just throw in my thoughts, much of it is opinion based and based off the experience of others.

It all depends on your personal taste, a Ferrari and a Maserati complement each other like Peanut Butter & Jelly. Here's my personal take on it, the 575 is similair in some ways to a Coupe such as they are both front engine GT cars but they are also completely different. The Coupe is an 8cyl whereas the 575 is a 12cyl. The feel, sound, and power delivery will make them two complete different cars to drive despite them being based on the same idea. However I'd like to recommend some other suggestions:

A 512TR or a Testarossa, you can have the Coupe as your GT car and the 512TR/Testarossa is a complete different animal it'll be a 12 cylinder mid engine car and instead of having two cars that are front engine GT cars, you'll have two completely different animals in your stable.

An F355 or 360 Modena. Now, not a 12 cylinder and I'm not sure how important this is to you but they compliment the Maserati Coupe very well. You have your Maserati Coupe which is a more luxurious and practical car to drive through-out the week and for the weekends you can get in the less practical but much more exciting F355 or 360. The reason I included both cars is because I know some people such as myself prefer the F355 over the 360.

My combination when my budget allows will be a 95 F355 GTB for the weekends and the Maserati Coupe as a daily driver.

Hope this was somewhat helpful to you, I have a customer that has owned both cars at different points, never simultaneously but I can contact him for his feedback if you would like?

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts.

I actually had a TR :)

I love the 575, I am just thinking of what does it give me that the Maser doesn't-- it terms of when I would drive a vs b. The 575 is much smoother and way torquier--plus its a knockout.

I cross posted this on FChat and in that post I mentioned a 360 Spider may be a better thought. I reaslly miss having a Ferrari in my Garage but the Maserati is so great I don't want to let her go. A SuperAmerica would be perfect but a bit beyond the budget.

-dsd

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well I have MC Victory and a 360 - it's a great combo. The 360 is a good car to gook at... always draws the attention of passers by. The Maser is more subtle - draws a lesser crowd but way more sophiticated... and the odd one who kneels in front of the car to admire the blue carbon fibre, that's the type I most appreciate.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Had a 550 Maranello prior to the Maser, if that helps... :D

I would completely agree to what MVP posted, so enough said. Depends on the sort of fun you want, and as a driving experience you would have similar car dynamics, save for the punch on the V12 in your face. In many ways, I changed the 550 because I needed something more of a daily driver, yet good fun to drive. Could have gone Vincent's way (keeping it + the Maser) but thought it was not quite justified, at least in my case. There are better uses for the money saved..!

Ed

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hear-say information

For what it's worth, when talking to a dealer about the GranSport when first delivered in 2005, he said it was "almost" comparable in performance to the 575. Now, I'm not sure if that was just a dealer trying to sell the car, or if that is accurate. Knowing that a GS is a step above the CC Coupe in performance, and assuming that a 575 HAS to be a step above that, even if moderately, I'd say that there might be enough of a difference between the two to warrant owning both.

In addition to that, the Ferrari has a very different design and appeal - and it probably will always feel more "special" than the Coupe. But that may not be enough to put it over the top.

Bottom line - the debate is enough of a reason to go drive them both, back to back to decide. And that's not a bad afternoon....

·
Registered
2 Posts
575 and MC Victory (GranSport)

Having these two cars in my garage doesn't make me any expert, but I hope to answer some questions you may have on this.
The MC Victory gets more attention when these two are not moving and are side by side.
The 575 gets more attention when its driving.
The MCV has terrific vocals at lower speeds and after dark is less stealth than the 575.
At my height 5' 7.5", there is an awesome view of the road from the 575, superior to the MCV.
Of course 3 can share the ride in the MCV.
575 steering is superior.
The MCV carbon fiber seat is superior to the Daytona style in the 575 for support or aggressive driving.
The Daytona seat in the 575 is better for an 'all day' cruise.
There is a special 'feel' when driving the 575 that I only get from F cars.
Since I've got an ML63, I haven't tested the either the 575 or MCV in snow.
That's a few thoughts for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts