Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out for groceries I see a Quattroporte that got beamed pretty hard by a cop car. Looked like he was coming out of The Standard hotel lot and the cop was racing down Sunset and nailed him. Anyone on the board?

My taxes just went up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LA police car crashes into Maserati after chase, 2 officers hurt
Tuesday April 10, 2007

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) Two police officers chasing a suspected drunken driver in a Maserati were injured Monday when their patrol car crashed into the pricey car, authorities said.

The 32-year-old driver fled after the 5 p.m. crash on Sunset Boulevard, but was arrested following a brief foot chase, Officer Mike Lopez said.

The man, whose name was not released, will be booked for investigation of evading a police officer and driving under the influence, Lopez said.

Both officers were taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. One had cuts to his head and the other suffered a sprain or possible fracture to an arm, Lopez said.
http://cbs2.com/californiawire/CA--MaseratiCrash_k_n_0ca--/resources_news_html

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently so. I was driving down Sunset in the other direction and when I got there like 5 cruisers went FLYING past in the other direction. But they passed teh accident like it was nothing...I guess he fled quite a ways on foot? Or maybe they were sealing off the area? They closed the street so on the way back there was a ton of traffic, and I had to take a detour, and that made my ice cream melt.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
If this person was drunk and driving, shame on him. The person is especally a fool if he is drunk and drining an M. He deserves what he gets. I am really sorry about the car!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts