Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my car up on the rack today and noticed something missing that was there before it went into Maz of MN!
:mad:
Anyone care to guess from the picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
The stone guard?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have a winner!

Why h*ll would a dealer forget to put a part back on?!

I have the clutch replaced, so who knows what else is wrong...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was still sitting on the mechanic's workbench!

Over a month later it was sitting on the mechanic's workbench! Somehow they lost the bolts too.
Looking at what they used to put it back on, I would say the bolts and washers can from HomeDepot.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Who did you take it to?

It couldn't be the authorized dealer right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maserati of Minneapolis. Not only authorized, but a sponsor of this forum too!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Have you complained?

I would email Maserati North America, or Maserati Spa and provide them with the picts and tell them what happened... Then tell them you want it fixed and fixed right... Whomever the tech is, needs to find another job, he's giving the car company a bad name.

201-510-2369

This is Luca's Buddy who runs all of Maserati..

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/338/1b4

·
5,887 Posts
I would email Maserati North America, or Maserati Spa and provide them with the picts and tell them what happened... Then tell them you want it fixed and fixed right... Whomever the tech is, needs to find another job, he's giving the car company a bad name.

201-510-2369
I respectfully disagree. The mistake sucks and things like that shouldn't happen. However, calling Maserati NA is complete overkill. Play that card when you need something important. Snitching every time a dealer makes a mistake will only get you labeled as a chronic complainer and they won't listen as intently when you really need help.

Again, I'm not saying you should accept substandard service. Perhaps a Call to the Service Manager, Steve, would be in order. If you are really upset, maybe a call to the GM. Ouside of that, there is really nothing that can be done to avoid a mistake after the fact.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I agree calling Maserati NA is overkill. Steve at the dealer is in the loop and may have contributed to this oversight.

I have had a few issues under Steve's and Lou's management which I will be posting soon in a new thread.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I understand why you disagree..

I give the shop two times to get it right, after that.... Bomb's away! I understand you think they may blow me off, but they don't.. The last thing Maserati needs is bad press, they are building a brand, not letting crappy work destroy it and that's why quite a few dealerships were taken away this last year...

It's my job as a consumer and my job to my friends who help build these cars to maintain that reputation and keep irresponsible people here in the states from ruining a company. If you are willing to tolerate bad work, that's what you will get. As for needing real help, geez, this looks like he could use that help, someone didn't even take the time to put his car back together correctly and if they forgot that what else did they forget? How do you know the car would even get home?

·
Registered
340 Posts
The old saying is that you get more flies with honey!

People in any business make mistakes. In my books what makes the difference is how they handle the mistakes once you let them know.

I am sure that a simple call to the dealership will result in them bending over backwards to get things sorted out for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts