Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

Recently I have been driving about 30% city and I noticed odd noises as I drive over small potholes, manhole covers and uneven roads with cracks. These roads are pretty bad. Does anyone else hear the same thud or donk noised while driving over bad pavement?

At first I thought it was because I needed new tires. Well, I just put on a brand new set of Eagle F1s two days ago and while the ride is a little smoother, I still hear the noises over bad pavement.

The car drives smooth as ice on good roads, no problems there. I am wondering if the noises are normal or somthing I should have the dealer check out. I am always driving in sport mode, and I'm hitting these bumps between 10 and 20 mph.

Thanks. CM

·
Registered
528 Posts
I hear and feel a thud over concrete expansion joints.

How do you like the Goodyears? I had them on another car, and the ride was much improved with the tires. Any difference in road noise with the new tires?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes.

The dealer I brought it to said that sometimes what happens is the bump stop inside one of the shocks rattles loose and make a deep thunking noise when it rattles around. The roads near the shop were too smooth so I couldn't duplicate it, but it rattles like crazy down Sunset which I have to drive down every day!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Tires....

Fred said:
I hear and feel a thud over concrete expansion joints.

How do you like the Goodyears? I had them on another car, and the ride was much improved with the tires. Any difference in road noise with the new tires?
I love the tires.... I got a great deal from Tirerack and they were the oem ones when I bought the car. I think they handle great.

I guess I should let the dealer check out the rear shocks and see what they say.

Thanks. CM

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think sometimes the Skyhook gets fooled. On several occasions I've had the feeling I've hit something hard enough to bend a rim - a really harsh shock with no apparent pothole or bump to account for it. On inspection there's never been any damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts