Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an inexpensive spare for my '04 cambio coupe that I can put in the truck (where that empty hole is). Has anyone here bought a spare (rims and tire) that fits in trunk? Where did you buy it from and what size did you get?

Zearnold

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought the 04 with the spare tire option. For a spare of any sort to fit a new bottom mat is really required.

The factory spare is a deflated tire on a rim with an air compressor.

Maybe check with MVP who was parting a car and see if the spare kit is available.

-dsd

·
Registered
188 Posts
dsd said:
I bought the 04 with the spare tire option. For a spare of any sort to fit a new bottom mat is really required.

The factory spare is a deflated tire on a rim with an air compressor.

Maybe check with MVP who was parting a car and see if the spare kit is available.

-dsd
That is nice, but will the flat tire being replaced fit in the trunk?

I've been hunting for workable "donut" tires for this and other cars, then the question became what I would do with the offending flat tire... leave it by the side of the road or try to fit it in the passenger compartment (assuming one doesn't have a passenger)?

So... on the Maser, my Lambo now and others... I give up. The lug nuts are not standard, and I can't even find friendly jacking points.

Seems like roadside assistance is the best bet. Flat = Flatbed tow to the nearest dealer.

Sucks but I guess is the price we pay to drive these things.

P.s.: looking forward to run-flat technology maturing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Funny you should mention the offending tire.I always wondered the same.

While I do not think it will fit in the trunk, it will fit on the backseat. Just keep a towel with the spare and cover the backseat with that and then place tire.

Or just use roadside assistance and have the wheel shipped.

-dsd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts