Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Exec GT and had some stuff stolen out of it before it made it to me (Nav CDs gone!).

Anyone know what "should have been" inside the plastic baggie at the top of this picture (in the trunk-well).

Could it be a trunk net or something?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought an Exec GT and had some stuff stolen out of it before it made it to me (Nav CDs gone!).

Anyone know what "should have been" inside the plastic baggie at the top of this picture (in the trunk-well).

Thanks,
Just bought an 07 QP Sport GT and in the bag there is a front license plate bracket, screws to mount it and rear mudflaps (fronts are mounted). My blue tool bag is different than yours.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you bought it from a dealer..

I would go down there with a baseball bat.. I am so sick of people stealing stuff all the time. There is no punishment these days, but if there was, this stuff wouldn't happen. Whomever stole it, should have their hands cut off.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

Thanks,
??? stolen, as in stolen???
have you approached the dealer you bought this car from and inquire about the missing item?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Its just nuts what some people will do. Owning a Lamborghini also, I can tell you that when you buy one (especially the older ones, i.e Jalpa, Countach, Miura, etc.), you want to make sure that the following 3 items are a part of the sale and come with the cars:

1. Toolkit
2. Spare Tire
3. Owners Manual

There is a whole market out there for that sort of stuff! When I bought my Jalpa, I had to spend an additional $250.00 to get an OEM owners manual and $500.00 to replace the spare tire that were both missing! The only tool kits I can find run almost $5000.00!!!! Unfortunately, some owners will hold back these items and sell them later on eBay to make additional money after they sell their cars.

I'm currently looking for a Countach to replace my Jalpa with, and I can tell you that when I sign the paperwork, those 3 items will be going home with me in my hot little hands. If they don't come with the car, I'll negotiate the price down accordingly so I can purchase them elsewhere.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, in turns out that was the front license plate bracket, which I don't need in Kansas.

My car didn't come with a spare tire or jack (it is an option). The blue thing is a compressor for the tires.

The Nav CD's were stolen by either the tow truck driver or the ABT (the stereo shop). Fortunately, the selling dealership (used) got me a set from the next car they brought in to sell. Leaves the next guy out of luck, but mine was sold to me as having them.

Don't trust anyone with your possessions. People steal this stuff and just ebay it for some extra dough. Sad but true...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts