Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I love my Spyder I am getting my usual bug to buy a new vehicle. Plan was to trade in this fall for the next generation 2006 Spyder but doubt it will be coming out then. So might take a year or two away and see where they go with them. Looking to go with an SUV and have narrowed it down to either a BMW 4.8is or Lexus GX 470. The BMW is sporty but my brother just got the Lexus and boy is that thing loaded with luxury and toys. Figured BMW would be the better place to trade as they just opened a Lambo dealership and have the high end traffic looking Italian. They offered me $62,000 and not sure if that's a decent price but at least by trading in I would save over $3,000 in sales tax. Car is a 2004 GT with only 2,450 miles, has Skyhook, CD changer, Xenon, Upgraded Stereo, NAV, Heated seats, Windstop, Red brake calipers, Alum race pedals and a Tubi installed by dealer. Still have almost 35 months of warranty left. What do you guys think it worth?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sold my 2004 Spyder CC to a buddy for $70,000. I think that was a fair price for both sides. Our cars had similar miles and options.

I think $62,000 is a little low, but as long as you can get a good discount on the new car, I think it would be a decent price from a dealer. You could definitely get more if you sell it on your own, but then you might be sitting on the car for a few months.

·
Registered
242 Posts
scott said:
While I love my Spyder I am getting my usual bug to buy a new vehicle. Plan was to trade in this fall for the next generation 2006 Spyder but doubt it will be coming out then. So might take a year or two away and see where they go with them. Looking to go with an SUV and have narrowed it down to either a BMW 4.8is or Lexus GX 470. The BMW is sporty but my brother just got the Lexus and boy is that thing loaded with luxury and toys. Figured BMW would be the better place to trade as they just opened a Lambo dealership and have the high end traffic looking Italian. They offered me $62,000 and not sure if that's a decent price but at least by trading in I would save over $3,000 in sales tax. Car is a 2004 GT with only 2,450 miles, has Skyhook, CD changer, Xenon, Upgraded Stereo, NAV, Heated seats, Windstop, Red brake calipers, Alum race pedals and a Tubi installed by dealer. Still have almost 35 months of warranty left. What do you guys think it worth?
I'd say you could try for another couple of thousand. The 04 COUPES are going for about $66-$74 at the dealer (I know because I'm in the process of buying one) and Sypders are not too different in price. Buy the way if you are interested in selling your TUBI exhaust separately I'd be interested as I think you could probably get the same amount without the exhaust at the dealer.
Let me know.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have had to bring the car back to F&M to have changed and they were so busy getting all those winter stored cars ready could not get an appointment for a few weeks. I would have loved to taken it off as I tried to use the fact it had a much desired option but of course dealership said we don't care take it off if you want, As they knew I was picking up car the next day and would not,I know they will get more money because of the Tubi. So would have rather given it to an enthusiast very cheap than to the Dealership. Was sad to see the Spyder go but since the future was unclear when something new was coming out and the fact I am planning on selling my business and retiring at the ripe old age of 44, meant I will have no place to store my extra cars and garage space is already tight at my house with 3 other cars. On the plus am loving my Lexus GX 470 and all it's neat toys including a NAV that is out of this world and amazing Mark Levinson Stereo system. Thing is pretty quick for a true SUV with 270 hp and 330lb of torque and has this new Kinetic Dynamic suspention system that makes going around corners feel like your in a car, Also might have a Supercharger from Toyota Racing Division thrown on it that is said to given it 100+hp. The funny thing is I find myself going faster in this as my Spyder being so low and with top down it would seem like I was going faster than I was and now I look down at Speedo and see I am going way over speed limit. Maserati sure made a great car and found almost no faults with it. The couple things they would need to change to get me back in one someday would be, better NAV, Stereo and probably biggest complaint was the Spyder was not made for anyone 6'+, At only 6'1" I was never able to get seat far enough back to be comfortable. BTW if anyone every needs a brand new stock exhaust, let me know. Good luck to all here with yours cars and I will hang around to keep an eye on a car I hope to be back in someday. Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts