Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OBD light came on and was going to check the code when I got home, but had to make a stop before that happened. When I restarted, the CC light came on. I shut down and restarted; still on, but it went into gear and then the CC light went out. When I got home I put the OBD meter on (everyone should have one) and was given the code P1602. Anyone know what that code is? Probably the two are related since the code is a powertrain manufacturer specific code. I just had a new clutch put in at the 18000 mile service when the pilot bearing was replaced under warranty about 500 miles ago. BTW, I thought the service department at Maserati of SF in Marin was great.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Manufacture Codes?

Well since I haven't gotten any replies, does anyone know if Maserati OBD codes are published anywhere? I have searched and didn't find any for Maserati - almost all other car manufactures are out there. I'm a little hesitant to drive it - don't want to get stuck somplace like other threads talk about. Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
It looks like some kind of control module communication error. If you can, try resetting the code and see if it comes back. These cars occasionally throw codes that once reset never return.

Eric

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have same code in my coupe cambio corsa, but my one does not start. Do you know whats its mean that code 1602?
P1602 - Internal ECU Memory Table Errors
I'd try to clear the other errors if possible before diving too far into this one.

Test your battery ?
- supply voltage low from battery ?

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
P1602 - This just means that you disconnected power to the ECU. Remember Maserati uses their own OBDII code definitions for many of these errors so when using a generic reader or trying to lookup the codes on the internet, will often lead you down the wrong path. Sometimes the codes are the same but many of them are Maserati specific codes.

Hope that helps

Best Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts