Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to Chris at JEM Motors in Hollywood, CA about a 2005 Coupe w/ 17K miles for $48,900. One owner car, off lease, clean Carfax, warranty through 3/09. http://www.jemmotorcorp.com/detail-2005-maserati-coupe-gt-3037555.html

Trade-in from a Porsche dealer and sale to JEM. The company has been in business for several years, sell high end cars, etc. The price seems very reasonable (too reasonable for a 2005?). I'm in Chicago and wondered if anyone has any info on this car and/or any experience with this company. The VIN# is ZAMBC38A450016607. By contrast, I drove a 2004 CC yesterday, Blu Nettuno, same interior, similar options, 26K miles at Continental FM in Hinsdale, IL and the price is $49,900 with very little bargaining room. I'm willing to pay a little premium for piece of mind at the local FM dealer, but I'm having a hard time with the price differential.

I appreciate any feedback and thoughts.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'd see if you can get service history for the 2005 and find out which dealer serviced it.

Visually I find the 2005 bumpers more appealing, and it has the vintage pack and same exterior and interior color scheme as my car (except my leather headliner is blu navy).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd see if you can get service history for the 2005 and find out which dealer serviced it.

Visually I find the 2005 bumpers more appealing, and it has the vintage pack and same exterior and interior color scheme as my car (except my leather headliner is blu navy).
Glenn - How do I go about getting the history other than asking the dealer to call the Porche dealer that he purchased this from and ask if they would release the name/number of their customer? Can you run the VIN # though an FM dealer or Maserati USA to see what work has been done?

·
5,887 Posts
Any Maserati dealer should be able to pull up a listing of services performed within the network. However, they will most likely only do this for the current owner. At best, you will get a print out of what was done but not symptoms, detailed parts list, etc.

IMHO, there is a significant disadvantage in buying a car that does not come with complete service records.

As far as price goes, mid-high $40Ks sounds right for a 04/05 clean coupe CC. You should get a price break when buying private party/non-Maser dealer and a price break for a car with an unknown pedigree.

Whatever you do, get a PPI!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any Maserati dealer should be able to pull up a listing of services performed within the network. However, they will most likely only do this for the current owner. At best, you will get a print out of what was done but not symptoms, detailed parts list, etc.

IMHO, there is a significant disadvantage in buying a car that does not come with complete service records.

As far as price goes, mid-high $40Ks sounds right for a 04/05 clean coupe CC. You should get a price break when buying private party/non-Maser dealer and a price break for a car with an unknown pedigree.

Whatever you do, get a PPI!

Chris from JEM stated that the local FM is reluctant to provide any info, however, I would think that if I had a PPI done and made my offer contingent on a clean bill of health, this could work. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been by JEM before to look at a car, and they seemed reasonably nice and straightforward, but I didn't buy from them, so I can't really give a full review of the dealer. They definitely specialize in higher end/exotics.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been at JEM before to look at a 360 they had for sale at an amazing price. Dealership seemed okay, but I cannot vouch for the cars as I wasn't able to test drive the car on that day.

As to service records, it is true that the couple of dealers in California I talked to refused to release records except to the person who paid for them. They would not release them even though I told them I could fax over documents showing that I had purchased the car. Eventually, however, when I brought the car in for servicing at FM of Orange County the friendly people there looked up the previous records for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.