Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting this today while driving; the E comes on intermittently with the ambient temp reading as well sometimes; manual says have dealer check heat/AC system, any ideas?

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the bad news Doc jim

Since I am out of warranty I will not be running to have that looked at; tonight the E nver showed up when I went for a ride to dinner, will keep posted and thanks! Dogdoc

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What happens if I don't fix the "e"?

What I have noticed is that the E comes on for a bit; then it starts showing the temperature again; so..is this more likely to be a bad sensor than the other more complicated fixes....and if I DO NOT fix it will it hurt anything? I ran thru the A/C and heat, both MAX and economy,all fan speeds; they work fine....aint happy this soon:mad:

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
E problem is A PROBLEM!!!

To those of you that spent alot of time and $$$$ on this problem; the advice from Maserati today.............DON'T!!!! They adjusted the louver type door or damper which is usually the problem MOST of the time; mine is now working intermittently; but as DocJim pointed out , alot of money and no fix; they quoted me about 14-15 hours of labor to pull the dash; the tech's response; if you want it fixed, its gonna be expensive;I would leave it alone; as he quoted" that is just stupid money"....so I hope the reset on the damper works cause I am not gonna spend $2500 to see the Letter "e" leave my dash...dogdoc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.