Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here install a race seat or harnesses? Going to be doing a few track days with my '05 Coupe (GS Seats) and not sure I want to have the GS seat cut apart to have slots put in. I've been looking for a Ferrari Challenge seat to pop-up on ebay (just got outbid at the last minute last week on a perfect set!), but I've got a track day coming up and don't have time to wait anymore.

I saw the ALGAR racecar and it looks like they had a custom bracket made up for their OMP/Trofeo seat. I'm thinking a basic Recaro race seat to replace the drivers GS seat is going to be my easiest option

Anyone install a race seat or harnesses? Would appreciate any guidance or actual pictures.

TIA

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Probably not that easy, but it depends on the rail systems/mounting system in the stock seats. If you're going to go to the trouble of a 5 point harness, wouldn't you want to consider a roll cage as well?

Alternatively, try to avoid track time at places with small margin for error (e.g. Watkins Glen) and stick to places with pretty big runout areas (Summit Point, etc.).

Or best yet, talk the Algar folks into ordering a Trofeo for you... ;-)

Where are you doing your track time?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no cage

if it was going to spend most of it's time on the track, yes, I'd have a cage installed first. I was thinking of just a rear bar across the back if I could have pins in and make it removeable. Car is still a daily driver, I just want to do a handful of track days with it as well.

Probably will be at VIR, Summit Point and maybe one or two at Pocono since it's close. I guess it'll depend on how many Skippy lapping days I do and how the various PCA/BMWCCA track days fit into my schedule

Anybody else doing any with their Maser?

·
Registered
773 Posts
protection, for life

i took a chance, at pocono. track day. and got lucky? spyder is nose heavy and i lost back end, about two - three turns before pit entrance chased down a few rabbits, very lucky/very dumb very, well you figure out

·
Registered
9 Posts
mille162 said:
if it was going to spend most of it's time on the track, yes, I'd have a cage installed first. I was thinking of just a rear bar across the back if I could have pins in and make it removeable. Car is still a daily driver, I just want to do a handful of track days with it as well.

Probably will be at VIR, Summit Point and maybe one or two at Pocono since it's close. I guess it'll depend on how many Skippy lapping days I do and how the various PCA/BMWCCA track days fit into my schedule

Anybody else doing any with their Maser?
Mille-let me know how it works out; have an older 911 that I use on PCA track days and am looking at a Coupe to use as a street car/track car just as you intend to do.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts