Maserati Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
gggs,have taken delivery of my gransport at last,i went for black with full tan leather interior,no technical cloth.if any one out there is about to spec their car its an option i would strongly reccomend it looks great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
bimbo,i can assure you that i have a nice shiny black gransport in my garage with a full tan leather interior,includig the roof with none of the tacky technical cloth.was that not an option in your country.saemus

·
Registered
8 Posts
gransport with no technical cloth

any one else out there ordered their gransport with no technical cloth and full leather interior,just taken delivery of mine and it looks fantastic,dont know why they spoiled an otherwise brilliant car with that horrible cloth interior.saemus

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
saemus,

Extraordinary!

Your car was supplied by a British dealer wasn't it?

Look forward to seeing the pics - it must be very handsome. I requested full leather at the outset, and my dealer asked me to give him a few days to check whether or not this was possible on a GranSport.

He came back to me with the following reply:

"No, the GranSport is a limited edition, and they are all being produced with the new technical fabric."

As a matter of interest, when did you order yours? My order was confirmed in October, but I was unable to get a full options list even then. What a shambles!

:roll:

·
Registered
8 Posts
gransport without tec fabric

ian,my car was supplied by meridien modena in lyndhurst i ordered it in september of last year. first saw the car at the factory in june & was told by the dealer then that it was available with full leather.saemus

·
Registered
19 Posts
There was a silver Gransport in H.R Owen's a couple of weeks ago. It had the techno cloth in black/silver and it looked way better than the pictures did.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Saemus, saw your Black and tan Gransport beibg prepped at MM when my Coupe was in for service a few weeks ago. Looked fantastic.

Cant believe another dealer said leather was not an option!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Saemus, saw your Black and tan Gransport being prepped at MM when my Coupe was in for service a few weeks ago. Looked fantastic.

Cant believe another dealer said leather was not an option!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I wish I couldn't believe it either, but it's fact. I even went through the leather samples with the dealer and told him exactly what I wanted, but it had no effect.

I put this down to misinformation on the part of F/M UK - not to my dealer's unwillingness. F/M UK wouldn't want the complication because it's far easier for them to stick to the 'standard' colour combinations and get the cars shifted as fast as possible.

seamus was lucky. He dealt with the dealer who was the Maserati importer before the F/M tie-up (I think that's true), and they naturally know their way around the Maserati world far better than the other dealers. Doesn't make me any happier though - I'm thoroughly put off and disappointed.

:(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
thebimbo, don't get me wrong - I like your car too, and my spec is identical to yours. What I don't like is the uncertainty which has been part of the GranSport experience from the outset in the UK.

On a more cheerful note, I see the Maserati website now has a car configurator for the Coupe and the Spyder, so that will make life easier for others. No configurator for the GranSport though... :?

·
Registered
38 Posts
demoralising indeed - especially for Porsche escapees

those in Britain with their cars please provide pictures as a matter of urgency!

I'm just back from some sunshine - was supposed to have the car in 2 weeks, but as you know....

...so let's have some pics to cheer us up

thanks

21 - 36 of 36 Posts