Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have Front hood and bumpers currently on the car, but what did you all do to your cars? Did anyone get a car fully protected in PPF, if so what did you pay and region if you wouldn't mind sharing? I am in NY but had a dealer do it in the past.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
A film over paint will protect the paint but is not immune to blemishes. Paint can be “corrected” but plastic is well, what can you do? There is plenty of paint on a Maserati, If I had the choice I would skip the covering and spend the money on occasional touch ups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Xpel

Have Front hood and bumpers currently on the car, but what did you all do to your cars? Did anyone get a car fully protected in PPF, if so what did you pay and region if you wouldn't mind sharing? I am in NY but had a dealer do it in the past.
MBi,

Typical pricing for XPEL pricing is as follows. **Please note that pricing will vary based on labor rates, car difficulty, and more**

XPEL Full Frontal (includes full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors) $1,895 - $2,195.

XPEL Full Frontal Plus Rocker Panels (includes above, plus rocker panel protection including behind rear wheel) $2,295 - $2,795

XPEL Full Vehicle Wrap (includes every painted surface possible) $5,500 - $9,500.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the estimates. Could you provide your range for your ceramic coating over a full PPF and on a car without PPF? For example quoted about 3K for a full ceramic coating for a Bentley Continental GTC. What is suggested for maintaining PPF? Should it be waxed?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had SunTek clear wrap installed on my 2015 GTS by a local shop California Detailing I’m San Francisco, bonnet lights and side mirrors. Very happy with the way it turned out. They had to fill in tiny nicks in the paint but it turned out better than I thought it would. I’ve only had it on for a couple of days and can’t wash the car for five days to allow A complete dry out underneath the wrap. I’ll report back in a couple of months.
I was told that the wrap can be buffed if I encounter any nicks or smudges. Talking with other members it’s a Great investment at ~$3k.

·
Registered
197 Posts
A film over paint will protect the paint but is not immune to blemishes. Paint can be “corrected” but plastic is well, what can you do? There is plenty of paint on a Maserati, If I had the choice I would skip the covering and spend the money on occasional touch ups.

AMEN TO THAT.Let the next owner deal with the patina

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a quote from Darrings Detailing in Indianapolis for Clear Bra coating on the front, partway up the hood, and in a few other small places PLUS ceramic nano coating on the rest of the car (low mileage good shape 2016 GT). $1900 and they will prep the paint and touch up nicks. I have an earlier version of clear film on an Acura MDX and I am very happy with the protection from stone chips and the overall look after 7 years. I suspect even modern clear film won't look quite as deep as nano coating but I will discuss that before doing anything. I belive the overal look of a film and nano ciating job will be very good. Nothing beats clear film for chip protection in my experience.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that's pretty cheap. Dealer was 2K for just the PPF on front hood and bumper and they didn't even tuck the film and unfortunately left a bit at the top exposed. Though it's dealer pricing in the northeast and they didn't even fix any chips from what I can see or they missed a few. Personally I would do full PPF if given the chance. Got it for a GTC V8 S and it looks great. Make sure they tuck the film so power washing doesn't loosen it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a quote from Darrings Detailing in Indianapolis for Clear Bra coating on the front, partway up the hood, and in a few other small places PLUS ceramic nano coating on the rest of the car (low mileage good shape 2016 GT). $1900 and they will prep the paint and touch up nicks. I have an earlier version of clear film on an Acura MDX and I am very happy with the protection from stone chips and the overall look after 7 years. I suspect even modern clear film won't look quite as deep as nano coating but I will discuss that before doing anything. I belive the overal look of a film and nano ciating job will be very good. Nothing beats clear film for chip protection in my experience.
Hey bud.. im from fishers and have a 2015 GT Sports.

I got a quote from clear bra indy in carmel.. the owner kyle is the best of the best. Has wrapped all my cars in the past and i have scheduled my maserati to get a full front wrapped (Bumper, full hood and full fenders, side mirrors and door jams... and i was quoted $1895)

You should give him a try

·
Registered
28 Posts
XPEl all over the car, I have had this car in Manhattan and now Florida. I would not hesitate to make this investment again. I would like to add, those recommending to "touch up" the car with paint, will ruin it, forever. I can always replace XPEL film, which is the best in the industry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
XPEl all over the car, I have had this car in Manhattan and now Florida. I would not hesitate to make this investment again. I would like to add, those recommending to "touch up" the car with paint, will ruin it, forever. I can always replace XPEL film, which is the best in the industry.
Can you tell me why touch up paint would ruin the car? I have a few chips and spits I'd like to fix before getting film or nano ceramic. The fixed and polished paint would be allowed to dry / cure for 6 to 8 weeks in a garage before adding any film or sealant.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There aren't many (or any) reputable shops that will recommend somebody putting touch up paint on their car, let alone our cars. My paint is metallic, so already it would be very hard to fix. touch up paint would never look right, so you would have no choice but to repaint the area and blend, which is never the same as factory. Are you in NY? There is one place I recommend for film, Detailing Dynamics. Very high end, great co-owners too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have seen Larry from Ammo NYC paint can be touched up but it's very precise work and tedious depending on the size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts