Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have any knowledge of this '05 CC coupe for sale on Ebay? Looks like it needs new rear tires, probably the 18,000 mile service, and maybe a new clutch. So figure about $5-6K for all that right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mase...016QQitemZ260233545721QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Test drove a new '06 CC coupe at my local dealer recently....really a blast to drive. They're just down the street from us, about five blocks away, and have 28 Masers in inventory! Seems to be a strong buyer's market right now. So far the salesman is down to $74K on the '06...it's got a punched warranty.

Thanks,
Perry J.

Have had a number of P- cars in 46 years of driving. Own two now.

·
Registered
695 Posts
OldWiz,

Don't have personal knowledge of this car, but noticed one discrepancy. They claim the car has skyhook suspension. It doesn't. The telltale is the button on the console marked "PWR". If the car had skyhook it would read "SPORT".

Other than the Vintage Pak, there are very few other exterior/ interior options on this car.

This car is a Vintage Pak, a few interior trim details, and Xenon lights away from being a base CC car. Not that there is any thing wrong with that as even base Masers are fairly well loaded. But knowing that this car's MSRP was under a $100k may help in regard to negotiating current price.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Doesn't Vintage Package include aluminum pedals,shifters and vintage gauges?
Looks like it just has the grilles.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Doesn't Vintage Package include aluminum pedals,shifters and vintage gauges?
Looks like it just has the grilles.
No and Yes. Pedals, gauges, and aluminum shifters were separate options in 2005. In 2006, those items did become part of the Vintage Pak with an appropriate price increase.

Vintage pak for 2005 included front and rear chrome grille(s), seven spoke ball polished wheels, silver brake calipers, fender accents, chrome door handles, and hand painted red stripes on Trident emblem.

The listed options on the above mentioned car sounds like a lot until you realized that most of the exterior items are included in the Vintage Pak. Thus, in this case, there are really only three exterior options - the others being metallic paint and bi-xenon lights.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Does anyone have any knowledge of this '05 CC coupe for sale on Ebay? Looks like it needs new rear tires, probably the 18,000 mile service, and maybe a new clutch. So figure about $5-6K for all that right?
Yeah, that car is a bit of a stripper. My 05 vintage had a $105k MSRP, so this one must be well under $100k MSRP.

I would budget:
18000 service, $1800
rear tires, $900
clutch $2750

ish.

Seems like a good purchase price, but...

Alabama, I would want to look for water damage.... get a full carfax. I'd also get a pre delivery inspection from a Maserati dealer if you can swing it.

Also, the brake rotors look a little grooved. My car has about the same mileage and my rotors look brand new.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought they were typos. Who sits on new cars for two years with the warranty ticking?
It's the world's largest RR dealer. Bentleys and RR's are as plentiful around Palm Springs as MB is elsewhere. They've got all of their new Astons parked together on a small lot next to a furniture store so I go over there sometimes and drool.:D

While I was there for the Maser test drive a busty blond (some billionaire's trophy wife we suspect) driving a knockout '08 Bentley Azure came in and snapped up a black '08 QP. Just like that. You had to have been there. A very California moment!

I guess the dealer gets a kickback from MNA if they punch the warranty early. Would be interesting to find out how much they get.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Judging by the prices they are asking for the "new" coupes and spyders I'd guess that they got about $20k from Maserati to punch them and now are basically selling them at cost. Wonder how long till they decide to take a loss. $91k for a 2006 GS Spyder is just silly. Very low mileage ones are selling in the 60's. Low mileage '05's are mid to high 50's. You are correct that it is a huge buyer's market as existing owners upgrade to GT's and warranties expire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm focusing on the '05s....vintage CC coupe. I like the ball polished 7 spoke wheels better than the stock alloys on the '06s for one thing. Plus I figure the '05s will be down in the $40-45K range fairly soon. Also, The WAF is not too good right now. She said yesterday..." Sure, you can get that Maserati.......if you sell the two Porsches."

[Old Chinese proverb: He who knows patience knows peace!]

Isn't that 4.2 L V8 the most beautiful engine you've ever seen? I can visualize myself sneaking out to the garage to pop the hood and gaze at it for an hour or two. The colors, the layout, the crinkle paint. And that exhaust note........wild thing you make my heart sing!:D

PJ

·
Registered
371 Posts
I love the look of the vintage pack too but I also love the sound of the GS exhaust. Looking for a spyder I have so few choices so I will just have to take what I find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the look of the vintage pack too but I also love the sound of the GS exhaust. Looking for a spyder I have so few choices so I will just have to take what I find.
That black '05 GS GT for sale in San Antonio sounds pretty good. You going to have a look? Low miles!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, that car is a bit of a stripper. My 05 vintage had a $105k MSRP, so this one must be well under $100k MSRP.

I would budget:
18000 service, $1800
rear tires, $900
clutch $2750

ish.

Seems like a good purchase price, but...

Alabama, I would want to look for water damage.... get a full carfax. I'd also get a pre delivery inspection from a Maserati dealer if you can swing it.

Also, the brake rotors look a little grooved. My car has about the same mileage and my rotors look brand new.
Thanks for the info Glenn! The carfax looks pretty good on this one. It's a one owner corporate lease return purchased originally at the Maserati dealer in Coral Gables, FL and serviced there as well. Last recommended routine service was at 16,076 so it may not need the 18,000. Warranty has another year to go. The seller picked it up at auction. Wonder what a dealer or indie shop charges for a PPI on one of these?

·
Registered
371 Posts
That black '05 GS GT for sale in San Antonio sounds pretty good. You going to have a look? Low miles!
Thought about it but talked to the owner and he wants $62k - kinda high for an '05. There is an '06 GS for sale at a dealer in Chicago for $61,900 if anyone is looking. I just missed out on an '06 GS Spyder last month at FM of Houston that they were asking $64k for - not sure what it sold for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts