Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the premium sound in my Spyder, and clipping along the highway at a decent speed, Tubi wailing away, top down, I have a hard time hearing the stereo, let alone any bass. Turning the stereo up over level '36' in my car brings only distortion.

My last sports car, a Viper, had an amp and speakers installed when I bought it. The cabin was relatively tight, so when I turned up the stereo I felt like I was sitting on stage with Van Halen. I loved it.

I was thinking of having an amp and some speakers put in my Spyder. Anyone else had any stereo work? If so, speaker suggestions, amp suggestions?

I am also very concerned about a stereo install place tearing out my interior, potentially scratching the leather or not getting it back together quite right. Am I worrying too much? I'd sure love a better sound system.

-Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 02 Spyder Cambiocorsa with Tubi. The car was bought used and came with a professionally installed Diamond amp and Kicker subwoofer. The diamond was installed in the trunk just underneath the small hollow space in the back of the trunk and the subwoofer in the dead space where the spare tire sits (if you ordered one).

I'll take a picture of it this w/e and post it but I'm quite pleased with the sound (and bass).

By the way, I have also lowered my car a bit and love the more aggressive stance. Ride quality has not deteriorated.

Cheers,

Dietrich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts