Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mentioned earlier in a post about how my coupe's trunk got stuck on the rubber sealent when trying to open it. After several attemps to open the trunk it finally popped open. Unfortunately, I had to use the trunk a few times as I was out of town and it eventually bowed the metal on the trunk.

The dealership was able to convince Maserati to pay for this under warranty (after a couple of weeks), however, it is still in the body shop. They are now telling me it won't be until next week which makes it 3 weeks in the body shop.

Is this typical? They said they had to repaint the trunk, match it with the quarter panels, etc.... All this I understand - but 3 weeks? It has now been in the shop for 5 weeks since I dropped it off.

I've had the car a total of 10-12 days since I bought it on 9/8 (04 Coupe) and it's been in the shop the remainder of those days and will be until next week Wednesday, IF I'm lucky.

Can anyone share their experiences and let me know if this is a realistic amount of time in the body shop? I'm so frustrated by this... Now I'm driving a Mercedes E350 that they've given me as a loaner. I might as well age myself by 30 years as well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Seems a bit too much unless they needed a spare which was not in stock (so needed to be sourced from factory) or (hope not) they f***ed-up something else whilst there. But depending on the extent of the work it could take some days.

In my experience: color match + full panel re-spray + paint baking + final polishing is 3-4 days.

3 weeks... hummmm... unless they had a long queue, but then, why taking the car in?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts