Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2008 Quattroporte but I feel that the radio is horrible. It sounds lound and clear but it has to bass what so ever. When you put the Bass up it doesn't even make a difference. Not sure if it is just not working properly or is anyone else having this same problem?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I purchased a 2008 Quattroporte but I feel that the radio is horrible. It sounds lound and clear but it has to bass what so ever. When you put the Bass up it doesn't even make a difference. Not sure if it is just not working properly or is anyone else having this same problem?
Duh! The radios in these cars SUCK... Then again they are basically Ferrari's and I doubt you'll ever hear how great a radio in a Ferrari is. Sorry :mad:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mine is fine for the type of music and volume i listen to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't say I am a bass head but every now and than you listen to music that sounds a lot better when you have a good stereo system/equalizer. I just figured when you pay $132,000 for a car it should have a better stereo system than my daughters Honda.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I wouldn't say I am a bass head but every now and than you listen to music that sounds a lot better when you have a good stereo system/equalizer. I just figured when you pay $132,000 for a car it should have a better stereo system than my daughters Honda.
which honda's sound system is better than the QP's??

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have to agree - the sound system in my wife's Acura (and especially the Nav) is better than any OEM sound system and nav system I've seen on any Maserati model. Now, I also have to agree that I did not buy the Mas for the sound system, but really, if you're going to spend that much, I think it is reasonable to expect competent electronics. But it is what it is - I'm just impressed that they've even (apparently) just made an aux (i.e. ipod) hookup available (according to one report on this forum). That only puts them three or four years behind the curve.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think it's more that Ferrari/Maserati must prefer to deal with a "local" continental electronics supplier (Bosch/Becker/Blaupunkt) than a major Japanese supplier, even if it means installing marginal radios in $100K-250K cars.

Also it's possible that a top end Japanese supplier would not want to mess around developing custom electronics for the limited product volume that Ferrari/Maserati would buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts