Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or is anyone due to receive it soon. I would like to keep a database of gransports once their begin to ship. With onmly 300 (150 domestic) to be shipped. It might be nice to keep track of all the colors.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well my dealer is getting 2 of them. I put down a deposit for a black one that was already ordered subject to my approval. If I don't like it, I'll either put my money on the white one or shop elsewhere. The black one will be here in approximately 6 weeks.

Anyway, as usual the dealer is competely in the dark. It has some weird options that I've never seen before and I'm wondering if either the dealer doesn't have a clue or they are legitmate options. Here they are:

--rear wing in carbon fiber (never have I seen a wing as an option let alone carbon fiber version, it can't be as big as the one they use in the Trofeo series)
--gransport seat piping (as if its any different from any other piping)

The other more commonly known options include: carbon moldings on door, aluminum passenger foot (this is how its written, I assume like the 360 modena you have that aluminum pad were the feet go in the foot well), aluminum brake calipers, ball polished rims, nav and phone, xenons and spare wheel.

Any insight any one else has will be appreciated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
By the way, I was waiting with baited breath for a gentleman named Markus from Ferrarichat who recieved his Gransport about a month ago, he said he was going to have a video clip of the exhaust. I guess it never happened. Has anyone heard the Gransport exhaust at full song?

Phil

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically, all of the dealers ordered inventory so very few will be to spec. I ordered mine almost a year ago and mine is comming at the end of October. The dealer is just about to get their blue demo first. I orded it in fuji white, which takes 6 weeks more to receive becasue of the special paint. the gransport piping just means the trim is in the same color as the exterior paint. The trunk has a lip or spoiler for aero effect that can be ordered in carbon fiber instead of the standard metal painted the same as the body. I heard the car started and reved for a few minutes but never in full song. Sounds amazing. can't wait to get mine. My dealer is taking me on a test drive of their demo next week when it comes in. I will fill you in as soon as it does.

·
Registered
349 Posts
A few questions Formula1. I talked to my dealer and he's going to call Maserati NA or the factory to see if they can still change the car to what I want spec wise. Otherwise, there confident I can still change the second car there getting in late this year.

My first question is your description of "gransport piping" as matching the exterior color of the car. On FerrariChat on Markus' interior shot of black leather with the nickel grey fabric shows piping on the dash, but it appears to be gray not blue as his exterior is. Am I right in saying that he doesn't have the "gransport piping" and the car automatically comes with some piping already. I've seen gray piping on both blue and grey fabric now on various pictures online. Doesn't seem like an option I would want. I get the impression my dealer dropped the fabric all together and ordered the car with full leather, don't they understand the fabric is what makes the interior unique!!!! I asked them the full leather question and you basically get the "I'm not sure" response. It doesn't surprise me, I have a friend who ordered a 360 Stradale and was very fearful that with the lack of communication from the dealer and the factory that the car would come out wrong, luckily it didn't.

Secondly, based on your description of the wing being the same thing just in carbon fiber rather that paint colored seems to be a waste. It probably would cosmetically look wrong to have a small black strip in any color than black and with carbon being black anyway it will get lost in the mix anyway. I would drop that option.

Third, the dealer put the interior carbon package on the doors, which is another thing that at least in my opinion takes the uniquess of the Gransport and makes it more into a regular coupe as its an option on that.

I'd drop the phone and GPS too, since it won't be a daily driver for me. Sorry if I'm venting here, just got to be patient. Where is your dealer at, if its a few hours away from my home base in Ohio, I may make a trip myself to give it a spin.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the piping is called gransport because in the MY2004 cars, there was no piping between the center consol and the dashboard. You can order it in any color. But the demos and example cars are ordered with the gransport piping as the same color as the exterior paint. If you notice on the web site, the blue car has blue piping and the fuji white cat had the white piping. Note, my dealer was able to order my piping in black and I am getting fuji white exterior.

The carbon fiber extras is a waster (agreed). I have not seen one in person, but I doubt it looks like a 360 CS (mirros wise).

My dealer is in NY. The philly dealer has a red one there already.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did you check Algar's website, the red one is on there. The red one looks better than I thought it might. Interesting description of options, such as the "black external grids" instead of the chrome grille griding, never knew that was available as an option. I like the red piping on the dash, not so sure on the seats, I wouldn't complain though.

I'll have to check the other dealer site to see if there are more out there. Dare I say that discounts will be available on these?

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just checked inventory on about every Maserati dealer in the states and Algar seems to have the only Gransport in the states unless cars have been delivered to U.S. customers already.

·
Registered
349 Posts
A black metallic Gransport is on the Maserati.com website in the Pebble Beach news area. Although I haven't seen any of these in the flesh, I've now seen every color in pictures and I think the Fuji Bianco is the best color for this car. Formula1 I think you made the right decision.

Phil

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a road test review on channel 4 (UK site) and Autoexpress (UK Site) tauting the gransport as the best maserati ever built (performance wise) and says, this is what the coupe should have been. It is 2 secs faster on the variano track in italy than the regular coupe on a side by side test!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah I read that 4car review, I'm surprised they bashed the regular coupe so much, to be honest with you I love the regular coupe and spider. With the Gransport review being so much more positive this car is a real winner. I just wish it came with the Maserati shields on the front fenders like the 90th anniversary spider does. Oh well you can't have it all. I think we all new this car was going to be great and with reviews just starting to come out I'm glad we're in the loop to snag one up!!

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Formula 1,

A few more questions, have you seen the car in the 4CAR review (silver with black and grey fabric)? The grey fabric is much darker than the nickel grey I've seen in other cars, like the one on the Algar Ferrari website? Do you think its the camera or is it a custom color.

To be honest with you I'm debating on two cars. Both nero carbonio exterior, one interior is black with grey (whether its a light grey or dark grey, who knows), and the other choice is the most commonly seen interior on the fuji cars the dark blue with blu metal fabric but I want to change the dark blue leather with black leather but keep the blu metal fabric. Thats not on the order grid, but I have an internal Maserati release that states interior triming can be combined in any way "without any extra costs". Of course I'll find out tomorrow, but if your on here shoot me a response if you have any insight.

Also I noticed on the option list that aluminum brakes are a $530 option, but the car automatically comes with titanium colored brakes. Am I missing something here, I assume the aluminum brakes are a few shades lighter but is it worth the $530 bucks?

PHil
8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The picture is of the balck fabric, not grey. You should not get the blue fabric at all. Horrible. The grey is only nice with blue or grey leather, if not it contrasts too much. My bet is black with black fabric with blue, black or fuji white outside. do not pay extra for the brake calipers unless you get them red. no real difference as the wheels are too big to see through.

I drove a demo of the car at my dealer this weekend. Blue with blue leather and grey fabric. Let me tell you, it feels like a race car inside when you sit down. The seats are really comfortable with the fabric. The sound is fantastic, especially with the sport button on. The car has great stance. the supension works fantastic, the gearbox is really fast and smooth. This car is fast. As good as a 2000 360 coupe that I drove, just not as nimble. I loved it. Can't wait to get it. The best car maserati has built to date (save the MC12).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats good news about the black fabric, I figured it would be the same color as the black leather not a charcoal color. Thanks to my dealer, I have to find out everything myself!!!!

I used to have a black Audi S4 with black leather with blue alcantara (synthetic suede) interior and liked it. I know its kinda extreme and maybe its a mistake, but I have a couple cars to choose from based on availability so if I don't like it I'll wait for the next car to come in.

Great to hear about the drive, although it doesn't surprise me how great the car felt and sounded.

Thanks for your help.
Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I forgot to ask you, how does the blue mediteranneo look in person. At the car shows under the special lighting it looks great, but Markus' car found on Ferrarichat with the same exact color doesn't look as impressive in real world natural lighting. Do you loose a lot of the special grills and intakes in the bumpers with the darker color?

Does the exhaust pop a lot when trailing off the throttle in a race car sort of way? Does it sound more Vette like then Ferrari like?

Phil
8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the blue is very nice in person. I personally think it is the second best color behind the fuji white. The exhaust is loud and very deep on acceleration and when you lift off the accelerator, it pops like a ferrari and race cars. very unique sounding exhaust. personally i think better than tubi on a regular coupe.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why is it only the dark blue leather with blu metal fabric cars have the blu fabric on the bottom of the steering wheel? I have yet to see any other interior have that feature? I didn't see that as an option on the order sheet.

Pushing that blue start button must have been one heck of a feeling!!! I know you been in the Gransport game longer than I have.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is an option to get the bottom of the steering wheel in the fabric, some $300-$500 extra. not worth it. looks much better in full leather. Start button is wild!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
5 Participants
thebimbo
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing