Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... just thought to ask if any of you are running your Maser on straight pipes...??? is it BIG difference besides the obvious sound increase???

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Hey guys... just thought to ask if any of you are running your Maser on straight pipes...??? is it BIG difference besides the obvious sound increase???

Thanks in advance for your kind input.
I suppose a related question would be, what kind of exhaust system does a Trofeo have?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Here's what I found:

"A Trofeo begins life as a Cambiocorsa Coupe chassis, which receives a substantial yet straightforward transformation to race spec. The 4.2-liter Maser V-8 is internally stock, the only mods being a free-flow exhaust system and revised engine mapping. The result is 413 horsepower, compared to the stocker's 385 SAE net rating."

So, in theory, straight pipes + associated ECU mods could have a substantial effect on power.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That revised engine mapping might count on using race gas rather than 91 octane.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rick, you read my mind broh... hahaha... you may have seen the video I posted recently...

http://www.carandgarage.com/watch.php?v_id=1061

...my car performs nice against the Trofeo but I was thinking in getting a little more out of it.

Who is it that made lots of Trofeo like mods to his car? I can't recall if it was Bimbo, Swiss or Demoe.

Only mods I've done to my engine that would affect performance are a Tubi exhaust and a BMC filter but was now thinking if getting all that junk pipe off and putting straight pipes leaving the tubi in place would inprove my performance and not making it as loud as the Trofeo... what do you think?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Swiss is the one that was running all the trofeo spec parts...I am buying the fabspeed cat deletes and midpipe sometime soon here I am currently running a Quicksilver rear box...also trying do decide between KW and Moton for some coilovers on my non skyhook car

·
Registered
773 Posts
performance/loud

ran with cats and pipes, until cats failed. now have gutted cats and pipes. love sound. dash light is on because of no cats

·
Registered
111 Posts
I removed the mixer and the back boxes and put straight pipes from the cats back, then added 12 inch silencers because it was a tad obnoxious... now it is perfect :cool:

Did it with only 500 miles so I dont really notice much of a performance difference except maybe a little as the revs get higher.

·
Registered
835 Posts
...putting straight pipes leaving the tubi in place would inprove my performance and not making it as loud as the Trofeo... what do you think?
that's exactly what I have done, I think. replaced the center resonators with X-OST center x pipes. It's loud...haven't seen the trofeo in person I can only imagine that thing may still be louder than my setup. considering there is no cat on the beast. no noticeable power gain. tubi and x-ost aren't the best combination, in my opinion. too much back pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts