Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this might sound a little off, but I had pulled my Coupe up to the curb next to an outdoor pizza place last week and this lady sitting at a table over from me asked about the Maser, to which I told her it was unbelievably fast. She asked if I had ever taken it to the State Capitol Dragway in Baton Rouge. She said it was a blast, and used to race her SLK 350 there and had gotten bitten by the racing bug.

O.K. . .I've thought about it, and it might be fun. . .But, I don't want to hurt my transmission. Has anybody here ever taken their Coupe or Spyder to a track for some 1/4 mile times? If so, how do you launch? What does your car do in the 1/4, ET and speed? Tell me more. . .Or, is this definitely a NO-NO with the F1 transmission?

Thanks,
Rusty

·
Registered
191 Posts
I told her it was unbelievably fast.
Hmm... not sure I'd describe any Maserati other than the MC12 as "unbelievably" fast. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... not sure I'd describe any Maserati other than the MC12 as "unbelievably" fast. :)
My experience is that the Coupe is unbeilevably fast. . .your experience may vary! :)

I had a 1995 M3 when I graduated from Law School in 1995. It was a fantastic car and extremely fast for the time. . .It only had 240 ponies. . .

I got a 1998 Boxster a few years later. . .I believe it had 209 HP and, although not as quick as the M3, I had no problem wheeling it around slower traffic.

I bought an '05 MB E500. . .around 306HP. . .Very fast, but the car's very heavy. . .

Now, my fun car is an '05 Coupe Cambiocorsa. . .it's unbelievably fast. . .when I take my friends for a ride, they can't believe it. . .Of course, there aren't any Coupes that I know about in my town, so I've got the only one, and it's fast. . .there's no doubt about it.

Anyway, this thread is about drag racing your Maser. . .Does that happen, or is it something you wouldn't do with the CC's transmission?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
youtube....

tons of videos on youtube for masers drag racing... just search on "maserati vs"

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you want your clutch to last, wait for it to hook up before getting fully on the gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts