Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having the abs and msp lights come on now and then and I'm not sure what is causing this. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
187 Posts
zearnold said:
I have been having the abs and msp lights come on now and then and I'm not sure what is causing this. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,
Zearnold
the msp light should come on under heavy acceleration and blink when the traction is low. My abs light only ever came on after a dyno run. niether should ever stay on unless you have the MSP button depressed.
I would consult a dealer if this is happening under normal conditions. you aren't running an autocross track when this happens right?

Robb

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
My MSP kicks in at a very specific road location almost every time I pass by - and the only interesting thing about this spot (it isn't a particularly unusual little chicane) is that there is an iron fence on one side of the road, a large cell phone tower on the other, and a radio tower 1/4 mile or so behind the iron fence. The only thing I can imagine is that some type of intense electromagnetic interference is being generated - with the fence acting like a concentrator/antenna - and it confuses the sensors or induces a signal of some kind...very bizarre. It isn't just the light that activates, I can feel the MSP applying braking...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
RickBullotta said:
My MSP kicks in at a very specific road location almost every time I pass by - and the only interesting thing about this spot (it isn't a particularly unusual little chicane) is that there is an iron fence on one side of the road, a large cell phone tower on the other, and a radio tower 1/4 mile or so behind the iron fence. The only thing I can imagine is that some type of intense electromagnetic interference is being generated - with the fence acting like a concentrator/antenna - and it confuses the sensors or induces a signal of some kind...very bizarre. It isn't just the light that activates, I can feel the MSP applying braking...
interesting.
if you park the car there does the dash light up like a christmas tree?

·
Registered
824 Posts
zearnold said:

Thanks,
Zearnold
ABS and MSP light at same time sounds like a tone-wheel or sensor issue.

I notice my MSP light comes on at times the car really isn't bring driven very hard in corners. Software may be a bit keen.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My msp lights up in tight corners. I figure the two rear wheels are spinning at different speeds and that freaks it out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The inside and outside wheels always spin at different speeds when you're cornering - doesn't matter if it's a tight corner or a long sweeper. The outside wheel always transcribes a longer arc (travels a longer distance) and has to turn faster than the inside wheel.

MSP kicks in when the sensors detect wheelspin - in a way it's the opposite of ABS. MSP cuts power (or applies braking) to the wheel that's losing traction (spinning) ABS interrupts braking when it detects the wheel has stopped spinning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts