Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering...

Do you guys have any tips/tricks for driving a cambiocorsa transmission?

Things like never drive in automatic

Dont let off on the gas when shifting

blah blah blah?

It's my first "true" paddleshifter (w/ clutch, etc.) Ive used the tiptronic on the porsche, but thats a real automatic...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
#1 - Always drive in sport
#2 - Don't be afraid of the car. You won't hurt it.
#3 - Push the gas pedal to go. Seriously. Don't feather it, don't stomp it.
#4 - Let the car breathe. Don't be afraid to wind past 5000 RPMs. This is where the Maserati is at its best. And it sounds great, too.
#5 - Be careful about engine braking in turns. Sometimes a mid-turn shift can through you off line, as the effect can be a bit abrupt.
#6 - Avoid backing up hills like you avoid eating roadkill. Bad thing to do.
#7 - Don't shift into Neutral unless you have a really, really good reason to do so. The software may cause you embarrassing moments at the stop light if you're still rolling a few MPH and try to shift into gear.
#8 - When passing, as in #4, don't be afraid to downshift and bring the revs up. The Maser has plenty of go, but it likes to pass at high RPMs.
#9 - Remember that you have almost 400 hp at the wheels. Until you have gotten to know your car, or have had some play time on the track or in a big, big parking lot, leave MSP on.
#10 - Relax and enjoy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
#2.........my GS with 5K miles is sitting in the dealer awaiting a new tranny from Maserati.
Not sure what went wrong....maybe assembled first thing on a Monday morning?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Infant mortality, I guess. Production volumes just don't allow all of the glitches and occassional off-spec parts to be weeded out. Hang in there, get the issues straightened out, roll down the windows, press the accelerator, and smile.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#5 - Be careful about engine braking in turns. Sometimes a mid-turn shift can through you off line, as the effect can be a bit abrupt.

So I SHOULDNT break on turns?

What about canyons and the such...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'm referring to shifting mid-turn - merely a warning to be alert because the shifts can be abrupt sometimes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
When in doubt, while in a decreasing radius turn gently increase throttle pressure. The weight will shift, the car will hunker down and grip like you wont believe. Much better option than hitting the breaks or coasting. These cars are just great....:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts