Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I am new hear and am thinking about buying a maserati coupe..... are there any people from england on here that are owners?????.........
what makes a person buy one of these cars and is there a certain type of person ie I am a lady and 33 years old or should I say young talking to friends about buying this car they have no idea what a maserati is ie they have never seen one, me on the other hand can spot one at 10 paces!......
one guys comment was that it was the poor mans ferrari!, now that really got my goat I am no car expert, to me I just don't like or want a ferrari...
to me I have this feeling that the owners a men over the age of 40 that are sucsessfull becuase its only when you can afford to try all the cars that you will go for somthing that is classy and different, but what do I know!

kim x

·
Registered
11 Posts
hmm typical owner would no doubt be a male 40-60 right?

i'm 26, male and yes, was in a pub when a friend asked me about the maserati. another friend, she said "what's that" to which my mate replied..."a poor mans ferrari". i just said "i'm happy to be a poor man".

all good fun :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
steven said:

i'm 26, male and yes, was in a pub when a friend asked me about the maserati. another friend, she said "what's that" to which my mate replied..."a poor mans ferrari". i just said "i'm happy to be a poor man".

This is pretty funny, as I have heard that A Fiat is a Poor Man's Alfa.
An Alfa is a Poor Man's Maserati,
A Maserati is a Poor Man's Ferrari.

So,

A Ferrari must be a Poor Man's ??????

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Fred said:

So,

Lear Jet :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
kinkysex said:
... me on the other hand can spot one at 10 paces!......
Kim,

I am so sorry to hear about your disturbing problem. I'm imagining glasses like coke bottle bottoms - quite at odds with your screen name. ;) A true afficianado will be tuned in by the V8 orchestra from about a quarter mile and if you can't get one visual at less than a 100 yards then its time to check your prescription.

Oh and before you give me a hard time - I would point out that my atavar is in fact an old dog.

·
Registered
681 Posts
steven said:

As far as my customers go typical owner is male in their 20's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The more I hear about age on this forum, the older I feel at 53. I was probably married before most of you were born (1975). My oldest kid is probably near the age of most of you (25). But I don't care, nor does it matter. I still enjoy my Maser as much as anyone, maybe even more than most because of the time I've already had to appreciate life.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Trident said:
The more I hear about age on this forum, the older I feel at 53. I was probably married before most of you were born (1975). My oldest kid is probably near the age of most of you (25). But I don't care, nor does it matter. I still enjoy my Maser as much as anyone, maybe even more than most because of the time I've already had to appreciate life.
Take heart Trident. What MVP said was that most of his customers are mid-20s. While I'm interested in what he's doing, I'm unlikely to be among his customers - which is a good thing as I'd screw his average big time. :D I'm quite happy with 390 bhp, my key's spend all their time either in the ignition or in my coat pocket (I very seldom see them). The handling on my existing springs is OK and the wheels its sitting on are quite round enough. In short, I think that when my car left the factory it was more than good enough for me. I'm saving all my mad money ready to buy an old stone house in SW France - right next to the Vinyard...

·
Registered
528 Posts
I decided that when I turned 50 this year, I was going to get either a Porsche or a Maserati.
The Maserati is parked outside.

Adding heated seats, and possible better shocks is all it needs.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Fred said:
I decided that when I turned 50 this year, I was going to get either a Porsche or a Maserati.
The Maserati is parked outside.

Adding heated seats, and possible better shocks is all it needs.
I'm buying myself a GS next month. I'm also 50. Worked hard and paying cash. No car payments for me :)

Buzz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the replys!

so I am a little surprized that some 20 somthings are buying them!, but then I think thats just me not thinking outside the box!.......................
wow there really are some intresting people on here who own maserati's but then that is what I expected!.
After all whats age but a number, its the car that matters and most importantley to enjoy it to the max..................
still working on that test drive it may have to be after christmas now

kim x

·
Registered
44 Posts
I post on here on behalf of my old man, find out problems, check up on whats going on in the world of Maser etc....

I'm 23 and a student he's 59 and retired and I drive the QP more than he does, I've taken it for a majority of its Warranty/service work, partly because I like the reception girls :rolleyes: and mainly because I love to drive the thing, I have an Alfa 147GTA, not a rubbish car, but compared to the QP, its in a different leauge.

I was parked in the supermarket carpark last week, sitting in the car so nothing dings it, had the window down and heard someone walk past muttering 'must be a footballer' What a feeling :cool:

I've even made AutoItalia twice with the car now :)

If your an old man you can plod around, if your a young chap, it'l bloody fly... It really is two cars in one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the photo john

thats what its about that look, its such a powerfull loooking car!...................
still want to book this test drive but its going to have to be jan as I am sooo busy....
well your dad must really love you and trust you loads with THAT CAR!, my son is 14 ( I started young) and no way will I ever let him get his hands on the bmw's he has been promised a mini one when he passes his driving test, to which he says NO THANKS!

·
Registered
21 Posts
kinkysex said:
hi,
I am new hear and am thinking about buying a maserati coupe..... are there any people from england on here that are owners?????.........
what makes a person buy one of these cars and is there a certain type of person ie I am a lady and 33 years old or should I say young talking to friends about buying this car they have no idea what a maserati is ie they have never seen one, me on the other hand can spot one at 10 paces!......
one guys comment was that it was the poor mans ferrari!, now that really got my goat I am no car expert, to me I just don't like or want a ferrari...
to me I have this feeling that the owners a men over the age of 40 that are sucsessfull becuase its only when you can afford to try all the cars that you will go for somthing that is classy and different, but what do I know!

kim x
Hi :)

I am 36 & female & got a 4200 Maserati Coupe in November 2006. I love it :)

However, thing to bear in mind - it is very powerful so you need to be used to fast cars & powerful engines & controlling them.

You need monies aside for the expensive services etc.

I am a big fan & they are sort of lesser Ferrari as half the price & running costs - but still special & much more classy & better for lady drivers.

Hope that helps.

Antonia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the reply antonia! I am glad to know that I am not the only female that actually knows what a masserati is!, I get so sick of having to explain as most ladys are not on the car wave length!, gosh you are a lucky lady, I would love one but must admitt \ I have still not contacted dick lovett in swindon for that test drive but I will get there hun!.
Have to admitt its all a looks thing with the car with me rather than the senisable mancanics thing!.
do you get hot men pulling up at the lights checking your car out?, that would really push my buttons......................
happy new year
kim x

·
Registered
21 Posts
kinkysex said:
thanks for the reply antonia! I am glad to know that I am not the only female that actually knows what a masserati is!, I get so sick of having to explain as most ladys are not on the car wave length!, gosh you are a lucky lady, I would love one but must admitt \ I have still not contacted dick lovett in swindon for that test drive but I will get there hun!.
Have to admitt its all a looks thing with the car with me rather than the senisable mancanics thing!.
do you get hot men pulling up at the lights checking your car out?, that would really push my buttons......................
happy new year
kim x
Hi :) It is a serious pulling machine - but I did not buy it for that!! I am amazed at the attention. It gets a bit silly at traffic lights - you can't sit looking flirty at someone for long so I try to ignore it...

My criteria for a new car was 4 exhausts, V8 engine & Italian car within a certain price range. Am a real petrol head & going on lots of drive days this year in it :cool: The Maserati Club is great fun too :D

It is the most exciting thing I have done get this car as it is fun everytime I drive & the feeling grows :)

Let us know how you get on with test drives etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fred said:

So,

Bugatti Veyron.

:: Resists overpriced fiat jokes.... and jokes about build quality.... and the reason that they are poor men after buying the Ferraris... :D ::

1 - 20 of 27 Posts