Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title says, does Maserati offer any special leather cleaner or cream?

or does ferrari has something similar?

·
Registered
203 Posts
In a previous thread I discussed the fact that automotive manufacturers use at least two types of leather in their upholstery. One type is actually sprayed/treated with a vinyl coating, which is intended to increase longevity. The other is a more traditional dyed and tanned leather, which is typically softer, less glossy. If you pour a drop of water on the leather and it does not darken the leather at that spot, your leather is likely sealed and no conditioner will penetrate it. You may apply it in the seams, however. I went through this issue when I first took delivery of my Coupe. I believe we have the sealed variety of leather. My wife's BMW 7 absorbs the conditioner, whereas it seems to stay on the surface of the Maserati. While the leather in my former M3 was softer, it was not sealed and showed exponentially more wear than my Maserati. Just food for thought. Much of the information above I gleaned from Malms.com, which is an automotive chemical/polish company. While I use Zaino for surface protection, I've always been a big fan of Malm's products generally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Frankie P
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing