Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how 2003 spyder under warranty until end april 2007
Have a couple after market quotes, but rather have factory plan

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Ditto. I'm in the same boat, trying to find a reliable aftermarket warranty company (or better yet, news that Maserati is going to actually provide it finally!). Please advise if anyone has any insights...

·
Registered
210 Posts
extended warranty

I would like to purchase an extended warranty as well. My 2003 is out of warranty in April 2007. I have talked with Maserati back east and the west coast factory rep.They are working on it. But apparently each state has to approve the program. They did not feel confident that it would be in place before my warrenty is up! If someone has another option please let me know. So I can have a backup.
Ron:)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Kevin @ FMSF stated that since MNA has dragged their feet getting this in place they WILL allow out of warranty cars to be covered... hope he's got the straight dope cause I'm out on both miles and duration.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Steeldream said:
Kevin @ FMSF stated that since MNA has dragged their feet getting this in place they WILL allow out of warranty cars to be covered... hope he's got the straight dope cause I'm out on both miles and duration.
Over 50k miles? How does it perform after all those miles? Performance or reliability degradation? Basically unheard of for exotics! Can you imagine seeing a 2002 Ferrari for sale with 50,000 miles? That's a lot of timing belts! LOL!

BTW... I owned a '92 Stealth R/T TT before buying my Viper. Fond memories. Life was so much simpler then ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Can you imagine seeing a 2002 Ferrari for sale with 50,000 miles? That's a lot of timing belts!
Actually, there are a lot (well, a good number) of modern Ferrari's with high mileage (ie over 50k). Especially 456 and 550's. At that mileage its only 1 belt service which should have been done anyway due to the age regardless of miles. I believe they say every 3 to 5 years or 30K.

-dsd

·
Registered
681 Posts
Are you guys really having that many problems with your car to worry about it? I can't see myself buying one on a car this reliable, your experience may vary but I have nothing but positive things to say. Oh well, not my money wasted!

·
Registered
530 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Over 50k miles? How does it perform after all those miles? Performance or reliability degradation? Basically unheard of for exotics! Can you imagine seeing a 2002 Ferrari for sale with 50,000 miles? That's a lot of timing belts! LOL!

BTW... I owned a '92 Stealth R/T TT before buying my Viper. Fond memories. Life was so much simpler then ;)
so far so good - replaced the clutch @ 45k and had a top failure fixed and windshield fracture replaced under warranty...

for an exotic it's amazingly trouble free and reliable... *knock*

I'm used to high mileage, I've had the Stealth since new and it's now @ 117k, just replaced both turbos with a slightly larger model. feels like once I get it sorted it may give the Maser a run for it's money...

Porsche is pushing 200k - still shows good compression on all cylinders and never has had the heads off. Doubt I'll see that from the Maserati!

Used to live in Richardson myself... got out leaving for Chicago and only lost 2k on the house in the middle of the oil bust and felt fortunate!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
MVP said:
Are you guys really having that many problems with your car to worry about it? I can't see myself buying one on a car this reliable, your experience may vary but I have nothing but positive things to say. Oh well, not my money wasted!
Kevin makes a great point. Extended warranties are a racket, no question about it. But there's always that nagging "what if I need a $10k or more repair?". It'll be interesting to see what MNA comes out with. If it's a couple of grand it's a no brainer but if it's $5-8k like the few that do offer them, forget it! The reported reliabilty of these cars is amazing to me and I'm a gamblin' man by nature (in fact I have $21000 in W2G's to file this year! Kids live in Reno and I vist them a lot!)

:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts