Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m currently performing the major service to the vehicle. Belts have been replaced and I’m now up to the oil change. After I pulled the scratch guard out beneath the vehicle, this popped out. Any thoughts on what it is? It looks like a piece for a pulley, so I’m skeptical on driving it. Any insight helps!
Hand Watch Wood Gesture Finger

6,068 Posts
That is not from the air box....That is a totally manufactured spacer and was likely there before you worked on the car...Look at the A/C compressor....I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of washers stacked together...J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is not from the air box....That is a totally manufactured spacer and was likely there before you worked on the car...Look at the A/C compressor....I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of washers stacked together...J
Here’s what I found. By looking at the diagram, it seems the spacer IS for the A/C compressor. I placed pictures below. I fully loosened the tension, however there’s no play with the compressor
@[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta , so I removed the intake box to take a peek. I noticed the following, but I’m uncertain how this space popped out. I loosened the tension of the belt and removed it. There’s no play on the AC compressor. No wiggling back and forth at all. I am seeing a lot of thread on that screw. As I’m not too familiar with the engine, by the looks of the screw, is this where the space should be? I’m waiting for my quickjack battery to charge so I can raise it in the air to see underneath. Not sure how this ever popped out if this is the correct spacer.
Wheel Font Rim Auto part Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Locking hubs

6,068 Posts
Oof…ok, going to get the car in the air and attempt to get it back in. I’ll let you know how it goes. Need your address to send you a nice bottle of something for the holidays😊. Thanks for always assisting!!
Thanks...I honestly don't drink liquor...send me an Amazon gift card if you want to contribute to my kitchen items... ;) Jason

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks...I honestly don't drink liquor...send me an Amazon gift card if you want to contribute to my kitchen items... ;) Jason
You got it! I’m a man of my word, and I’m gutting my whole kitchen as well, so I know the feeling! I went underneath the car and I need a T40 torque, which of course I don’t have. Should I be able to slip this spacer back on by just loosening the bolt, or is there more to it? Doesn’t look too hard to get to. I have no idea how that slipped off, there’s zero play in the AC compressor.

6,068 Posts
Cool...Loosen all 3 bolts..and the belt must be released as well...Back the a/c compressor off enough to insert the spacer..Use a magnet to hold it in place...J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool...Loosen all 3 bolts..and the belt must be released as well...Back the a/c compressor off enough to insert the spacer..Use a magnet to hold it in place...J
@[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta , thank you! Home depot has the bit so I’m going to head over in a little while. The plot thickens, however. When I pulled the scratch guard down, I now found this. No winning this week for me😓. I have zero idea where this came from, any thoughts? I 8.8
Hand Gesture Finger Wood Thumb

Hand Gesture Finger Automotive tire Thumb

Hand Automotive tire Gesture Finger Wood

Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Nail

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
[/QUO
any tips for loosening that last bolt in the rear for the AC compressor? I’ve been trying for the last 2 hours and there’s no room to loosen it. Of course, the spacer doesn’t seem to go on by simply loosening the bolt it sits on. Do you guys use something special. Furthermore, I actually don’t think it was me that did this. I looked at pictures BEFORE i removed any belts and it was already off! Perhaps it was stuck, wedged in the block and through driving it finally freed itself.🤷🏻‍♂️. I dropped it a couple of times and it wedged itself behind the tension pulley. I’m thankful for coat hangers!! Regardless, it needs to go back on as I’ve been driving without it.

6,068 Posts
Best I remember we use a 13mm swivel..Know that the size of sockets varies a good bit and Gearwrench stuff etc...won't go where Snap-on stuff will....That could be your issue...Jason

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Best I remember we use a 13mm swivel..Know that the size of sockets varies a good bit and Gearwrench stuff etc...won't go where Snap-on stuff will....That could be your issue...Jason
Understood. I just ordered a 13mm swivel off of amazon. It’ll arrive by Wednesday. I’ll keep you in the loop on progress. Thanks! Are there any dangers to me driving the car without it? It’s obviously on the car for a reason, however if the bolt is secure like it was, is there any serious damage that can happen? Not asking in an attempt to bypass this, it’ll be a thorn in my side until it’s complete, just wondering.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts