Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 QP that just hit 120,000kms (75,000miles).

Been a great runner besides regular upkeep, no major issues!

I've got the highest mileage 2013+ QP as far as I know.

How much mileage have you got on yours and what issues have you experienced ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, you just made me feel super better about mine, just got me a 14 GTS, While I was really worried about maintenance and fixes, I didn’t know you could go up to 120k without major issues

Any advise ? What was the average you drove a year ? And how much an average you would spend on maintenance and fixes a year ?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, you just made me feel super better about mine, just got me a 14 GTS, While I was really worried about maintenance and fixes, I didn’t know you could go up to 120k without major issues

Any advise ? What was the average you drove a year ? And how much an average you would spend on maintenance and fixes a year ?

Thank you!
I drove about 24,000kms(14,000miles)/year. Your engine is different. The GTS comes with a TT V8. Mine is a TT V6 so we may not experience the same maintenance/issues.
They key is to drive it and maintain it well. I drive mine everywhere in all weather conditions. Its definitely not a garage queen. I drive my Maserati more than my Range Rover.

I didn't really have any issues other than regular oil changes, brakes, tires etc. Now after 120,000kms I might start getting some issues as with any other car. Will sell mine in the next few months and get a newer lower kms QP.

There are a few independent garages here in Toronto to choose from for servicing depending on what needs to be done. I never took it to dealership for out of warranty stuff. Find an independent who know these cars well and have the equipment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just took ownership of a drop dead gorgeous 2014 GTS. It had 41k mi. when I picked it up. We drove from Charlotte to its new home 40 mi. south of Savannah. It won’t be a daily driver; I expect we’ll rack up plenty miles going to Atlanta, Bradenton, and points south. As I do most maintenance myself, I’ll be leaning on experts on this forum from time to time. For now, we are thoroughly enjoying our first Maserati. It is a beauty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2014 GTS.....getting ready for 80k....daily driver. Gets me back and forth about 180m per day. All highway.

Yeah, maintenance is harsh, but local shop handles most of the easy stuff: tires, brakes, etc. Better rates and more responsive than dealers. I get the parts, they charge minimal price for labor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2014 S Q4 - 56k miles - Only issue was keeping it in storage too long and the [original] battery died. Then, at the same time, the suspension module failed. Both replaced [after a long diagnosis period] and all was well again. I agree with the previous replies that normal maintenance like brakes & rotors, tires, and oil changes can be pricey, you can find a local shop that does it just as well or better for less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow! That’s crazy. High miles and no issues? I’m thinking about picking up a pre owned 2014/15 one sometime soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2014 S Q4 - 56k miles - Only issue was keeping it in storage too long and the [original] battery died. Then, at the same time, the suspension module failed. Both replaced [after a long diagnosis period] and all was well again. I agree with the previous replies that normal maintenance like brakes & rotors, tires, and oil changes can be pricey, you can find a local shop that does it just as well or better for less.
On the topic of maintenance how much would the regular stuff cost and what intervals assuming US market. I’m on the fence about getting a QP or something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just took ownership of a drop dead gorgeous 2014 GTS. It had 41k mi. when I picked it up. We drove from Charlotte to its new home 40 mi. south of Savannah. It won’t be a daily driver; I expect we’ll rack up plenty miles going to Atlanta, Bradenton, and points south. As I do most maintenance myself, I’ll be leaning on experts on this forum from time to time. For now, we are thoroughly enjoying our first Maserati. It is a beauty.
Update Aug 31 2019: I’ve put over 7700 mi on the “new” car with No issues at all. The car is a joy to drive. The useable power is nothing short of awesome. I had the good fortune to meet Jason at Enzos of Atlanta. Though I live closer to Jacksonville, there’s no question about where my Maserati is going when the time comes. Did I mention that the car is a real beauty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
would you suggest that tuning it at this mileage would be a waste ?
Can’t imagine why I would seek a tuneup. No codes, no “noises”, and it runs like a rocket. If/when something worrying shows up, I would get an opinion from a knowledgeable and experienced person ( like Jason) and go from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can’t imagine why I would seek a tuneup. No codes, no “noises”, and it runs like a rocket. If/when something worrying shows up, I would get an opinion from a knowledgeable and experienced person ( like Jason) and go from there.
My apologies, I should have specified. A Formula Dynamics tune to the engine's computer - increasing performance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this has been discussed at length, but in regards specifically to a '14 QP GTS; Did any of you purchase an aftermarket extended warranty? If not, any regrets?

Looking at a '14 GTS w/ 27k Miles want to pull the trigger, but on the fence on additional coverage.
Dealer wants $5k - 5yrs/60k miles through Axiom (Platinum Coverage).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts