Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post some info and videos if u guys have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone...???

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was told by the local dealership that some owners have tried this but they kept getting CEL errors. Apparantly there is a need for more back pressure to keep from having the CEL come on. I do not know if this is really true but it is what I have been told.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What do you mean by straight pipes? No back boxes, no center resonator, no x-pipe, no secondary cats? I have a coupe with no backboxes, and I replaced the center resonator and x pipe with a magnaflow internal x pipe muffler. Sounds pretty good :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paulc, yeah thats what i'm afraid going to happen. But there is no problem with my E60 M5 - mufflers removed and replaced cats with straight pipes (decided to keep the resonators otherwise itll be too loud).

I'm thinking to do the same with the GS, not removing the resonators, just remove the mufflers and cats only and replace with straight pipes.

cardiffgiant, is the CEL lights not ON by removing the mufflers and replacing cats & resonators with x pipe? Do u have any videos?

·
Registered
835 Posts
...I'm thinking to do the same with the GS, not removing the resonators, just remove the mufflers and cats only and replace with straight pipes. cardiffgiant, is the CEL lights not ON by removing the mufflers and replacing cats & resonators with x pipe? Do u have any videos?
GS does not have the same secondary cat (resonator) config as the coupe or the spyder. x-pipe is standard. I think it will be loud (very loud) when mufflers are replaced with straight pipes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it,thanks haha. I'll try it soon when I got back from christmas holiday:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Never seen a CEL with the setup on my Coupe. But if the secondary CATs are smaller on the GS that may account for what others are saying. They are pretty big on the Coupes. No sound or video from me, but have a look on utube, you'll find some there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input there. I'll do some more research about this setup as I really want to get the exhaust changed after Christmas holiday.
:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out this website,
HTML:
http://www.fabspeed.com/maserati.html
, they have a video that has a few different setups including one with cat bypass, resonator bypass, and muffler bypass. Its loud but sounds nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts