Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who don't like the "surfboards" on the sides of the car?

Trying to get a feel of how many of you guys like them, and how many dont...

People seem to be very polarized on the topic...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
big fan of the boards here :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
No like! Will change them for a set of a 4200 next winter!

I think I read somwhere that they were supposed to improve the aerodynamics - but I can't remember where.

/F.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
662 Posts
Where can I order them besides the dealer? Dogdoc

I would probably add them as well but not so sure how they would look without the matching rear and front bumper covers

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
No like! Will change them for a set of a 4200 next winter!

I think I read somwhere that they were supposed to improve the aerodynamics - but I can't remember where.

/F.

Probably read an interview with Frank Stephenson, the then head designer for Maserati, where he said all the aesthetic changes on the GS vs the Coupe' were there to improve aerodynamics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love them

I think they make the car look mean! It does suck when you hit them on the way out of your car! The worst is a girl in heals! But I thought about it when I got mine and had the guy that did the clear bra wrap them in the stuff to it works great!

·
Registered
722 Posts
... It does suck when you hit them on the way out of your car! ...I got mine and had the guy that did the clear bra wrap them in the stuff to it works great!
I had the same thing done when I got mine. But I found that the clear film scuffs very easily from edges of shoes, which happens more or less every time I enter/exit in a crowded parking lot & can't open the door fully.

I need to have mine redone after 18mos because it looks bad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts