Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've decided on black, i'm leaning towards the metallic black but contemplating flat black. worried that metallic black may look dark grey like some other car manufacturers, but it appears maser's metallic black is pretty dark (which is what i want). inside i'm going with black leather, competizione fabric and red piping. for options, i'm going to get the xenons, heated seats, red calipers, powered stereo, skyhook, and spare wheel. any comments against these or for any others, i'm all ears. i've placed my order, have to give dealer final specs tomorrow, should get in 2 months. i absolutely can't wait. (cancelled my 997s order after i drove both back to back).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think in the states, the car alarm is standard. and i haven't seen the auto-dimming mirror option - maybe thats standard too. can anyone in the states confirm whether these are options or standard?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thebimbo, what won me over vs. the 997s are a few things:

1) fun factor - i drove both back to back and the gransport was simply more fun to drive. on paper, their performances look similar, but the gs felt and sounded more powerful. some new cars today are overengineered - the 997s may be more powerful than the 993, but the 993 is more fun to drive.
2) paddles - if i got the 997s, i would have got the tip (for when my wife needs to occasionaly drive it). the 997s tip is a very different car than the 997s manual, and doesn't come close to the maser's paddle transmission
3) looks - both cars are beautiful on the exterior. i think the maser's interior is better
4) size - maser's back seat is bigger for my little kids
5) spare tire

the few things the 997s had going for itself was 1) more reliable - without a long enough track record, the maser may be dependable, but in my mind it's an unkown. 2) better stereo 3) screen for navigation

my car is in status 10, about 2 more months, can't wait.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thebimbo, regarding navigation, i am a fan of good navigation systems. for example, lexus' navigation is great, whereas my experience with mercedes is poor. so i guess it depends on the system/manufacturer. it's not a must-have, and i'm going to pass on it with the gransport because there is no screen for the navigation (which i personally like).

regarding baby seats, porsche has some that work, but it's a very tight fit. the mere fact that the maser's back seat is roomier was attactive to me. also, as the kids get older and are in booster seats and eventually no car seats, the maser will be more comfortable for them.

are you deciding between the 2 cars?

·
Registered
41 Posts
trice9 said:
thebimbo, regarding navigation, i am a fan of good navigation systems. for example, lexus' navigation is great, whereas my experience with mercedes is poor. so i guess it depends on the system/manufacturer.
Just be glad there's no nav screen in the GS, as if there was, they'd probably have put the same satnav which is optional on the Coupe & Spyder ... and it's rubbish! Slowwwwwww, clumsy, inflexible.

Get a Tom Tom Go and be done with it ;)

Ewan

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love pizza said:
Another Porsche convert :wink:

Its a winner.

Phil
8)
I tried hard but was unable to convert my brother. His 987S came in today and I went with him to check it out. I think dealership was happy we did not show up in my Spyder this time. Last time I had every customer checking out my car and asking questions about it. Then when I started up, my Tubi "scared" the 911 next to me by setting off it's alarm. They did have a beautiful GT there

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
scott
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing