Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Hope someone can give you feedback on child seats for my Coupe CC (my little one is 2.5 years old, and I'm looking for a seat for the long-run). Have seen some great Recaro models, usable up to 12 yrs of age, great style (as with all Recaro stuff) but dunno if they will easily fit in the back seats of the Coupe, without damaging the seat hide.

Has anyone had to make this decision? Any brand you would recommend / have used?

Thanks for any help. Ed

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used a standard car seat and placed a folded towel in the hollow of the seat to flatten it out, probably not the safest thing but it seemed to work well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Search the archives for "child seat" this has been covered with photos

That said, I just had my dealer install a Combi Connection Base for a rear facing seat.

My daughter is now 1 month old so I know this won't help you but kid seats in the Maser are doable :)

-dsd

·
Registered
236 Posts
Another alternative is the Maxi Cosi Rodi child seat which I found fits the base of the rear seats perfectly, without having to rest on the sides of the base cushion, which is not very stable and leaves a mark on the leather. Was rated as being a good safe seat and is good value. It also converts into a simple booster seat when needed. I bought two when I got my Coupe and have not trouble getting them either in or out, but do put a towel underneath each one to stop any scratching of the leather. Hope this helps.

Carl

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all the feedback.

TBH, the Recaro (which I've been considering) looks awesome, but not seen here in the UK in the tan finish than Ricambi has got (would look **NICE** with the beige hide in my Coupe).

BTW Ricambi, seems you needed to fiddle a bit to get the Recaro in place. have you used additional measures to protect the leather (I guess those are unavoidable... the hide used in the Masers is not the strongest...) ?

Britax is another possibility, but the fabric combos are, well,...

Have not thought of the Maxi Cosi (thanks Colossus).

Great feedback. Thanks again, Ed

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a towel folded to make about 4 layers below the seat. Seat leather seems to be unaffected when I took the seat out 1 month later to check.

The fiddling was just this: I had to angle the Recaro child seat just right to get it past the front passenger seat. Once it was in the rear area, it was an easy fit and took just a few minutes to click the attachments in place.

If you can get Recaro, forget Britax!! The Recaro has the best protection (esp. head and side impact protection) and looks awesome!! I looked at the Britax and the Recaro is a much better seat.

- Jon

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jon.

As said, the Recaro, in my mind, has been the first choice but wanted to check on options, given the shape of the back seats.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts