Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

Every article I have been reading about the new GT Sport mentions the positive ECU tweaks that produce faster shift times, downshift blips, a slight increase in hp and a much better driving response in lower speeds in both Manual and Auto modes with the auto box.

Has anyone who owns an older GT S driven the new Sport and how noticeable are the differences?

Do you think a simple factory ECU upgrade or re- flash from the dealer on our older cars will result in all the new benefits or most of them? Will anything like that void the warranty? Is there any downside? Should this be an expensive procedure?

Is anyone else considering this option?

Thanks. CM

·
Registered
586 Posts
They made those same tweaks on the GT-MC. I had FD install the DBW and ECU/ECM and sport cats on my 2012 GT-MC and the car went from fun to simply amazing. Warranty issues I rather not commet on because there are to many variables.

·
Registered
329 Posts
They made those same tweaks on the GT-MC. I had FD install the DBW and ECU/ECM and sport cats on my 2012 GT-MC and the car went from fun to simply amazing. Warranty issues I rather not commet on because there are to many variables.
How long did you drive the unmapped and without DBW before you installed it? The Sport is so GREAT now, i cannot imagine AMAZING :0

·
Registered
586 Posts
How long did you drive the unmapped and without DBW before you installed it? The Sport is so GREAT now, i cannot imagine AMAZING :0
Around 5 months driving it stock.
Purchased 2012 GT-MC in OCT 2011 and had the Larini Sport cats installed in April, ECM,DBW installed couple weeks ago. . I'm guessing its putting out 480-490 hp now or sure seems like it. On my daily commute my top speed was 61mph in a small stretch before a corner I have to make... after the mods I hit 77mp before that corner. The car is a beast now. On another topic....
I just got a build date a 2013 Camaro ZL1 (week of July 16th) once I break that in after 1500 miles!!!! (crazy break in period on the ZL1) I will do some quarter mile runs and track them both. I have a friend who kindly volunteered to drive one of the cars out to the location he has in mind. I know one of the locations will be Fontana Raceway in the Southern California. Should be a good time for sure. The ZL1 is a different beast then the absolutely beautiful,powerful GT-MC. My guess is the ZL1 will run circles around the Mas but If I had to pick one or the other it will be the GT-MC no doubt (and I have never even driven the ZL1). Oh ya I went from a P-car 2004 c4s which I had for 7-8 years and went with the GT-MC and could not be happier. Its a goal of mine to have a 991 turbo in the stable in the next 4-5 years. 3 very different cars with all distinct personality's.
WOW sorry for the wall of text Royal... are you loving your GT sport Cab??? that was a stupid question LOL.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently you can not update our software? FD it is

Gentlemen:

I honestly thought it would or should be super easy to upgrade our older S cars with the software in the 2013 Sport. Apparently not. I contacted FMNJ and they said they were not aware of being able to reflash or upgrade 2010 - 2012 GT-S coupes with the 2013 software?

Does that make sense?

Isn't it basically the same car being produced with some minor cosmetic tweaks plus a nice ECU upgrade?

FD upgrades seem the way to go!

Thanks. CM

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ruff

yes, i love the Sport and mine has all the MC trim and CF. The sound is amazng, with the top down and feel of the wind, just a wonderful car. So much more than my last Mas, Sounds, and Torque just wild.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gentlemen:

I honestly thought it would or should be super easy to upgrade our older S cars with the software in the 2013 Sport. Apparently not. I contacted FMNJ and they said they were not aware of being able to reflash or upgrade 2010 - 2012 GT-S coupes with the 2013 software?

Does that make sense?

Isn't it basically the same car being produced with some minor cosmetic tweaks plus a nice ECU upgrade?

FD upgrades seem the way to go!

Thanks. CM
Not surprising. Not that dealers are generally into modding cars, but throwing that upgrade around would be cannibalizing their sales department's numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts