Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason to "upgrade" to a gransport Tubi exhaust? Is there more horsepower? Better sound? Can the silencer be custom rigged to work in a 04 CC? Is the 04 factory exhaust system a Tubi?

Thanks for the input! Justin

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
The GS does use a tubi-made exhaust. Yet, the after-market sport exhausts from Tubi and others, do offer more noise and power, but you'd lose the ability to switch to silent mode when the sport button is off.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The GS Tubi will make a difference if you get rid of your center resonator, since the GS doesn't have one. I'd say it's a good move if you don't wanna go too loud.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! It sounds like you guys believe there is more power and better sound if I do this upgrade to my 04 CC. One of you mentioned a center resonator being removed. Is it possible to remove it now to get instant better sound for a fraction of the cost? I probably wouldn't get better power but it seems like the factory Tubi on the GS doesn't really add as much power as the sport tubi design anyway.

Just a thought?!?!? Thanks again for the input!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Is there any reason to "upgrade" to a gransport Tubi exhaust? Is there more horsepower? Better sound? Can the silencer be custom rigged to work in a 04 CC? Is the 04 factory exhaust system a Tubi?

Thanks for the input! Justin
If you have a coupe with standard exhaust, it would be better to go with an aftermarket tubi. If cost is a major concern to you, look and wait for a used one to pop up somewhere.

I have the 2004 coupe and took off the center resonator leaving the aftermarket tubi. It was louder mostly on the inside of the car.

From outside the car, the increase in sound was mostly at idle and low speeds. Once you obtain higher rpms and speeds, the sound produced created other negative effects.

If you are looking soley at performance enhancements, this may be a beneficial option for you, but you will most likely need to have the car tuned for this change. Mine had major popping at every shift. It was a very irritating modification.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It's definitely not for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
The sound is not necessarily better, there is simply more of it. The Tubi generally rumbles, the Larini screams. They both add hp though as are freer flowing systems, but as mentioned above, you`d get the best out of it through an ECU modification which takes into account your exhaust setup.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The difference in the stock exhausts are the center crossover (resonator) and the mufflers themselves. A Tubi setup on a GS is nasty sounding, in a good way. It is loud and commands attention, it really sounds good on decell. The problem is the decibel level is soooo high that it is fatiguing to drive the car any length of time, the constant drone takes it's toll. For performance I believe the Larini unleashes a tad more horsepower but it does scream like a banshee. I have a client with a Larini x-pipe and GS mufflers on an 02 spyder and I think it is the best compromise for noise/irritation versus power gains, plus it sounds bitchin to boot. The choice is yours, best of luck.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
I agree with all the comments made here... I'll add that if you want to replace the factory resonator with a HP X-Pipe similar to what the GS has stock, we do have the Larini setup that's worth around 8-10 ponies, adds a bit of volume and saves you over 20 lbs of weight.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts