Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance that the people that run the site can do something with the gentlemen that likes running ads in a foreign language? or do something about the fact the site is so slow....It is terrible and yes it is just this site...thank you...Jason

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The spam seems to be getting worse. It would be helpful if members would flag them. As far as I know, it's literally just me and @Catmanv2 keeping the spammers off. as for the speed, I noticed about a week ago that it isn't instantly responsive. But it only takes between 1 -1.5 seconds to load a new page, so I wasn't too inclined to bitch to the admins.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Can we possibly block our friend that likes to post in Chinese daily??? Jason
We do. He/She changes IPs every time. We've brought this up to the admins, but don't have a resolution.
How hard can it be to delete this crap? Is anyone on top of this site?
Well, there are two of us that try to stay on top of it. If you are volunteering, great! The pay is only measured in how appreciated the members make you feel because there's no money ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
what about implementing a minimum post requirement to post a new thread? low bar of 5-10 but something to prevent accounts from being made just to spam right off the bat.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
what about implementing a minimum post requirement to post a new thread? low bar of 5-10 but something to prevent accounts from being made just to spam right off the bat.
Off the top of my head, the problem I see with a straight forward minimum post rule would be that people would resurrect ancient threads when they should be starting a new one. But, it's a sound starting point to come up with a rule that would work. Perhaps one new thread per day unless the user is approved to start more? At least we would have a chance to ensure they are relevant.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
We do. He/She changes IPs every time. We've brought this up to the admins, but don't have a resolution.

Well, there are two of us that try to stay on top of it. If you are volunteering, great! The pay is only measured in how appreciated the members make you feel because there's no money ?
I’m not volunteering! Thank you for doing what you do. Maybe we just need an explanation on how these exploitations of our site are handled and if there is anything we members can do to help.

Again, Thanks for what you guys do.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Weird, I’m on here several times a day and haven’t seen any posts in Chinese or any other language ( other than English :rolleyes::) .. ) and I since I joined, I only recall a single thread from someone who was trying to promote some b.s., totally unrelated to any cars, much less Massrati , and I reported it . It was deleted that same day . But I mostly only read the GT, and occasionally the Maserati Lounge and Driver’s lounge segments , so no idea if the spam emails were on other parts of the forum. Either way , kudos to our moderators / administrators so thank you, we could be seeing those spammers infiltrate a lot more frequently if it wasn’t for you guys !

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Well, I spoke too soon...holy @#&* , half a dozen of those just popped up on the GT forum segment .. ?. How come that bastard doesn’t get infected by the Coronavirus ?!
If anyone deserves it it’s them !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts