Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the list and awaiting deleviry (Sept) of mine. Just curious if anyone took the same plunge. I am not so thrilled with the coupe turning into a mini quattroporte. So i am not so worried about the new model coming out. I like it for a 4 door car though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm not on the "list", however its probably #1 on my list as far as my next purchase. I'm going to the Lime Rock Ferrari/Maserati event in about a week and hopefully the Gransport will be there for a test drive. Apparanty there are a blue one and white one making the rounds, but they're both in Italy last I heard so it don't look good they'll be in Conneticut by next week. I was hoping to drive a regular coupe and Gransport back to back to feel the differences.

The Gransport website on maserati.com makes the car very appealing, especially the raw sound of its racing exhaust!!!! I'm a big fan of buying a car in its last year of production for the simple reason the bugs are mostly out of it. However, I do wish a manual was available to avoid any big maintanance issues down the road with cambiocorsa.

For $105K nothing else appeals to me new car wise with the exception of the new Aston Martin AMV8, but that still a year away and I wouldn't want to buy the first year run.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Any word on production numbers on Gransport yet? I think if I had to take a guess I'd say 100-200 units for North America. I figure if the regular coupes are sitting on the lots at dealers across America, these will too given their $20K more than the regular coupe. Maybe a discount can be had? :D

I assume a lot of answers will come to pass next week at the Conneticut event. I'll pass on any facts I come across to the group on this board.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please do. I am really excited about this car. Can't wait to get it. I ordered it in the fuji bianco, so it will take an extra 6 weeks! : ( But well worth the wait. I was told 30 gsports will be produced by year end and all are accounted for. Don't know about full year numbers for next year (100 or so) but that will be it. As soon as the 2006 coupe comes out in sept of next year it will not be produced anymore.

Tell me about this connecticut event? Does one have to sign up? Get invited from a dealer?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Scott,

When did you get your invite? I still haven't received mine. I have a contact at Ferrari/Maser headquarters and left him a message on whether the invite was in the mail or will I just have to show at the reception tent. If it is a mailed invite, it better get to me asap!! He emailed me about 10 days ago saying the invite was on its way but I have yet to get it.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Got mine about a week ago. It says you can RSVP at maseratirsvp.com or could call 1-800-216-3297 So if you don't get one in mail maybe you could try that. Does say bring this invite for free admission. Am trying to see if I can make some time to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
scott
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing