Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback from 07 QP owners that have the new auto tranny. Positive, negative, does it spoil the car's uniqueness?

Joe

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not an owner, but been test driving.

Slightly calmer and slightly less urging vs DS, but the ZF gearbox is pretty amazing. It shifts at least as good as the DS if not better, and I think even a little faster in sports mode. Engine blip on down shift and drop on upshifts are always well matched.

The inital surge from stop at the first touch of gas pedal gets some used to, but other than that, no more worry running into stop n go traffic and none of the jerkiness that can be experienced some times with DS.

I am not a rear bias weight fan, i like it 50/50, and the auto makes it a step closer to that. It's perfect for anyone who wants a bit more relaxed in traffic driving, and even with the automatic gearbox, the big heavy sedan is nimble and sporty that nothing else in the segment compare.

Having said all that, my heart is still with DS 4porte. :)

jess

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mind is 2 months old and still loving every moment in it.

If you are looking for a daily driven. Then I will suggest the Automatic. As Joe mentioned. The stop and go still needs a little feather, as it will surge ahead with just a little push.

I did not feel any less power comparing to the DS, but then again i did not own a DS to have a fair comparison. (Test drive the DS twice)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts