Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
a bastardized version shows on Discovery Channel, and someone told me it's on BBC America also, but I've never been able to find it. Currently we're on hiatus here in the States - no shows airing.

there's also Fifth Gear on Speed Channel

·
Registered
146 Posts
fifth gear isnt so popular.

Top Gear last sunday included a task to buy 3 italian supercars for less than £10k each and complete certain road tests.

They bought a Ferarri 308, a Maserati Merak and a Lambo Urraco (not sure of spelling!)

They were wrecks! One test was to beat the track lap time of a standard VW Golf DIESEL. They were all way off. On the rolling road the BHP output of each was measured and each was way down on the when new figures.

Great show, not to be taken seriously, thats part of the deal.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It would take the brits to prefer Jeremy Clarkson to Vicki Butler-Henderson :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: how to get top gear

rovingardener said:
I've been recording top gear off the net, the uk version for the past year

All the info is available at www.finalgear.com

and vicky is much cuter than mister greenteeth clarkson

Whilst thats very true and VBH does have a loyal following of petrolheads that would like to bone her, the program content otherwise sucks....unless youre used to worst.

·
Registered
23 Posts
here in the states...ugh

Yeah, the tv car programs are pretty lame unless you're talking racing. Top Gear is very entertaining; what we get here, the hosts seem to be at a funeral except for Tommy Kendall on Test Drive on Speed. I could fall asleep during Car and Driver, or even worse Motor Trend. And you would think that women only want minivans and suvs, which is very far from the truth.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Re: how to get top gear

SJP63 said:
the program content otherwise sucks....unless youre used to worst.
i thought the program was pretty good. there are always something interesting to know than just racing exotic cars around the tracks. both top gear and fifth gear are okay though best motoring is better (i like lot's of technical stuff).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very sad to see Top Gear dropped from Discovery channel on Wednesdays.
Anyone know if it is picked up elsewhere here in the US?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lowered suspension

Hi guys,

Back to the topic on lowered suspension, some of u guys were experiencing weak spring torsion when the car was lowered, this is because by lowering the car, u actually weaken the springs when u adjust them. I was facing the same problem for a couple of months and decided to get new springs from Eibach.

Now with the same ride height, my car is a lot more stable and springs are a lot firmer than the original. They cost just less than USD$500 per set. Definitely worth the buy but dont expect it to be very hard. Good enough to track though.

Cheers,
Cablesurge

·
Registered
242 Posts
cablesurge,
What is the specific model number of the springs? Could you also tell us a little more about the handeling before and after the change?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts