Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Dude - clutch is not covered under warranty. I just had a total replacement including flywheel for around $4K. It's considered a 'wear & tear' item (except if they deem wear to be caused by a sticking throw-out bearing or, the like).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Let's say the Maserati warranty rules varies... Some people here had clutches replaced under warranty, some didn't. Some owners got a lot from their warranties and some, like me, didn't... Warranty has been useless for me.

I don't know if it's about customer/dealer relationship, or some dealers are more willing to help, but one thing I know for sure, you gotta fight for some stuff because they're going to tell you that everything is "wear and tear".

At least that's my experience here in Los Angeles area.

In a couple of months I'm going to be "free" from my warranty and I'm going to use a local independent shop.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Maserati must pay the dealerships far less than they can charge out. One would think that the dealership would be happy to do warranty work but I agree with others in that I have never had as hard a time trying to get something covered with any other vehicle.

·
5,887 Posts
Maserati must pay the dealerships far less than they can charge out. One would think that the dealership would be happy to do warranty work but I agree with others in that I have never had as hard a time trying to get something covered with any other vehicle.
Warranty work is generally pretty lucrative for the dealer. However, it is not up to a dealer to decide what is covered and what isn't. MNA gets to make those decisions.

why is your warranty only 3 yrs?
Switzerland may have different warranty periods?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
78 Posts
One of the last cars built. It was kept unplated at the dealership.
the manual with the car tells you the basics of what is covered and the mileage increments as to when it should be serviced. there are some gray areas when you actually go the dealer and ask them about what is covered and what is not. in my experience, a couple of things that should certainly be covered, still had to be requested as a covered part from maserati through the dealership. it's sort of silly that the dealer you take it to doesn't know exactly what is covered and has to sent out a request to see if it's covered?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts