Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Fortunately the guy is OK... fractured three ribs and the right foot but already picking up the color for a replacement.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Holy s**t..!

Clearly a write-off... bet his insurer will not be happy if he's got GAP cover. Sad to see such a car wrecked, but it happens, sometimes.

Ed

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
He first hit the speed bump and lost the left side suspension/wheel ...the car continued going until 50 feet ahead he hit a pick-up truck with the right side and lost the right side suspension/wheel as well. Now on its belly, the car continued going for another 300 feet and after hitting a wall he managed to squeeze in between the wall and a tree finally stopping against another tree some 50 more feet down the road. The car rubbed its belly on the pavement for at least 300 feet, I myself picked up the front spoiler from the ground and it was covered by a thin layer of clear oil... I wonder where it came from.

It's sad to see one go... more so when we are so few down here. This happened last Sunday when we met at the dealership to welcome the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Panamerican 20,000 Tour. I'm just waiting for the insurance company to declare it "totaled" to jump in and get me the steering wheel, maybe a rear lip spoiler and my son wants the front seats for his BMW.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Paco,

The rear trunk lip spoiler is a £750 item in carbon (approx $ 1400...) so I'll jump into the storage park with a screwdriver in hand... :D

Other items to go for are interior trim parts; those are hold in scant quantity @ factory (e.g., I needed to replace a door moulding... only 5 (!) pieces available in factory... and the central tunnel trim which I had to recoat, as there are none in stock and can only be made to order, expecting a 6-month wait...)

Luckily the guy is in 1 piece.

·
Registered
773 Posts
there is

a speed bump warning in the owners handbook, guess he did not read that note. wish him all the best. car protected him well. had to buy a rear bumper and trunk lid, they are big $$. save them and lights too

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
poor gs.
i believe the GS CF rear spoiler is simply stick-on.. no screws.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
MCV would have special seats and an italian flag badge on the fender, as well as CF paddles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts